How do I do that..Please tell me.

syedmahfuj

Hi, I am total new in webdesign , I am learning HTML/CSS/PHP/Javascript . I know HTML & CSS somewhat. I need help. I am learning coding keeping in mind of creating a website like this(I have attached the screenshot of the page) I am giving here the website address too www.way2workfromhome.com. There that webmaster created navmenue stick & no dropdown menus I need that type.When he post a new article the article goes to specified title like(make money) My question is how I can create that type of nav menu & when I will post a new article the article will go to a single topic. How can I add read more button after just showing 1/3 of a article. Please see the website & see the attachment. Please help me.....See the attachment. Thanks In AdvanceMahfuj

Optimized-website.bmp

:glare: lets see if i can help you here "more people gone join in" ok for the adding a read more button, you place a archor tab at the ending of that potion of sentences, like this
this is just a little test thingy to show how this work <a href="#">Read More</a>

and you link it to the page you want them to read more about. The navigation bar, you create it in photoshop or w.e you use, and in the html part you do

<div class="main-menu"><ul><li>Item 1</><li>Item 2</><li>Item 3</><li>Item 4</></ul></div>

in the css now you do

.main-menu {width:100%;height:40px; // thats the height i use you can use whatever height you wishbackground-color:#ccc; // this would be background-image since its a image being usedbackground-repeat:no-repeat;}.main-menu ul {margin:0px;padding:0px;}.main-menu ul li {list-style:none;display:inline;padding:5px 10px;}.main-menu ul li a {text-decoration:none;color:#000;}.main-menu ul li a:hover {text-decoration:none;color:#000;background-color:#E1E1E1;padding:5px 10px; //this part im not too sure about but i believe thats how you set it}

for the articles, i believe you would have to do that in php

• Like 1

DDs1 I very much appreciate your effort. I want to add "Read More" button just showing half of the article so when anyone click on the "Read More" button only then they can read the full post. I want to place at least 10 articles on a single page. I want to put those 10 articles like that. Please make me clear. Thanks

In joomla you would write a intro such as this, to the main story and then it would automatically add this intro as a listing to specific page/s with read more link, as this is wordpress i imagine it would work to a similar principle, i should read up on wordpress documentation on how to properly apply this.

DDs1 I very much appreciate your effort. I want to add "Read More" button just showing half of the article so when anyone click on the "Read More" button only then they can read the full post. I want to place at least 10 articles on a single page. I want to put those 10 articles like that. Please make me clear. Thanks
its the same code you use, i just show you it in the source code instead of the design view, if your doing this in a editor, in the design view you type the information, like this is the test of blah blah blah ...read more... <--- now in the source code you do <a href="#">....read more...</a> so pretty much what i did was take the word "...read more..." and place it between the archor tabs <a href="#">...read more...</a>. now lets say this is on the homepage and the read of the document is on the description page, you have to do this:this is the test of blah blah blah ...read more...<--- in the source code type <a href="http://www.yourwebsite.com/description">...read more...</a> or <a href=http://www.yourwebsite.com/description.html>...read more...</a> or <a href=http://www.yourwebsite.com/description.php>...read more...</a> and that should take your visitors to the page they want to keep reading hope this help "i aint a pro, just sharing knowledge"