Database with php and without mysql?

eduard

also the <tr> tags are part of a table

<table><tr><td></td></tr></table>

i hope you understand everything clearly now :) i like W3S :Pleased:

I know now: It´s not a closing error anymore!It´s in the while, for each loop!It´s not ´n´Let´s find it!

if (!mysql_select_db('website')die("Can't select database");

You're missing a ")" for the condition of "if".

$property is just the name of the variable that holds the result of mysql_fetch_field(). The result of mysql_fetch_field() is an object (as you can see in mysql_fetch_field's manual page), but that doesn't prevent you from calling the variable something completely different and unrelated.

The tutorials aren´t too dificult to me; it´s the way to write write things correct that causes problems!Suggestions please?

$property is just the name of the variable that holds the result of mysql_fetch_field(). The result of mysql_fetch_field() is an object (as you can see in mysql_fetch_field's manual page), but that doesn't prevent you from calling the variable something completely different and unrelated.
I thought so! But why in this example is used this as a name, why not all the world (like me!) speak perfectly english?

The tutorials aren´t too dificult to me; it´s the way to write write things correct that causes problems!Suggestions please?
Write things one by one. Don't move on until you get something working correctly. Stop getting ahead of yourself.
I thought so! But why in this example is used this as a name,
Perhaps the person who originally wrote this didn't know better... where did you find this example anyway? The code you show above uses $field as a name instead.
why not all the world (like me!) speak perfectly english?
:lol: OK, that was funny.

Write things one by one. Don't move on until you get something working correctly. Stop getting ahead of yourself. Perhaps the person who originally wrote this didn't know better... where did you find this example anyway? The code you show above uses $field as a name instead. :lol: OK, that was funny.
No, it wasn´t funny! I´m very serious!

Write things one by one. Don't move on until you get something working correctly. Stop getting ahead of yourself. Perhaps the person who originally wrote this didn't know better... where did you find this example anyway? The code you show above uses $field as a name instead. :lol: OK, that was funny.
Here I found the example: http://www.anyexample.com/programming/php/php_mysql_example__display_table_as_html.xml

Your suggestion is very good! Unfortunately, I haven´t the space and the quietness here in this f.... hostel to work like this!

i would suggest learning the basic of html, css and php then move on from there, youtube have a lot fo videos base on these languages and their basic, also right here on W3S

FINALLY, (WITH HELP OF AN IMPATIENT ARGENTINIAN PROGRAMMER!): <html><head><title>MySQL Table Viewer</title></head><body><?php$db_host = 'localhost';$db_user = 'root';$db_pwd = 'usbw';$database = 'website';$table = 'links';if (!mysql_connect($db_host, $db_user, $db_pwd)) { die("Can't connect to database"); }if (!mysql_select_db('website')) { die("Can't select database"); }// sending query$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ($table)");if (!$result) { die("Query to show fields from table failed");}$fields_num = mysql_num_fields($result);echo "<h1>Table: {$table}</h1>";echo "<table border='1'><tr>"; // printing table headers for($i=0; $i<$fields_num; $i++) { $field = mysql_fetch_field($result); echo "<td>{$field->name}</td>"; } echo "</tr>\n"; // printing table rows while($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)) { echo "<tr>"; // $row is array... foreach( .. ) puts every element // of $row to $cell variable foreach($row as $cell) echo "<td>$cell</td>"; echo "</tr>\n"; } mysql_free_result($result); ?></body></html> P. s. Ingolme: very good suggestion: php tutorial written in Dutch!

P. s. Ingolme: very good suggestion: php tutorial written in Dutch!
Dutch? I thought your native language was Spanish. :blink:

Dutch? I thought your native language was Spanish. :blink:
I´m a dutchman living in Argentina now! (past 3 years in Chile!) There isn´t a php tutorial in Dutch (I´m not going to write it!), so I´ve to take the english version with Google translator! Edited by eduardlid

I´m a dutchman living in Argentina now! (past 3 years in Chile!) There isn´t a php tutorial in Dutch (I´m not going to write it!), so I´ve to take the english version with Google translator!
that's bull, there are plenty of Dutch PHP tutorials your just not looking.
  • Like 1

The problem isn't the language problem as the code will be the same, its how you add the code you are always missing quotes(single or double) brackets etc unless you remember this and type the code correctly! it will cause it to break whatever language you read it in.

The problem isn't the language problem as the code will be the same, its how you add the code you are always missing quotes(single or double) brackets etc unless you remember this and type the code correctly! it will cause it to break whatever language you read it in.
thats so true, i did that yesterday and the code stop working hehehehehe

that's bull, there are plenty of Dutch PHP tutorials your just not looking.
Oh yes, tell me where: Dutch PHP CONFERENCE are there many!

PHP language is standard (english). but it makes it far more easier to know when you need (), {}, [] in your native language!