Favicon

divinedesigns1

:glare: hey sup, i been trying to make a favicon and i had made one once, but i cant remember what i did to make it, or the website i use to make it, if anyone knows how to make one kindly give me a refresher thank you :boredom: wasnt too sure where to place this so i placed it here, you can remove it if its in the wrong section
  • Like 3

yea i did google it, its the size of the picture is giving me a hard time, it keep on coming out pixilizes and i would like it to come out clear

cant i just make it myself then call upon it? so then i can see exactly how it looks?

Why use a site? Why not use an editor like... I was going to say IcoFX (because I've used it, and it's very easy to import an image), but I see that it has (recently?) turned into a payed product... well, any of these really.Using an editor also allows you to define multiple images depending on resolution. Why is this important? Your Favicon in the browser is 16x16, but if you were to pin a site with IE9, the 32x32 icon is taken instead, and you may make those two images completely different if you wish. Oh, and if a shortcut is added on the desktop, the icon there takes dimensions based on the zoom level, so you can go anywhere between 16x16, and 128x128, again potentially having a different image for each resolution.For example, I once did a favicon that in 16x16 was just one letter of the name of a company (the "fancy" letter, of course; you know, like the "F" in Facebook), and the 32x32 was their full name instead, and both icons look awesome that way.<< Topic moved to general >>

• Like 1

sorry for the late reply, was looking for the topic and i just found it, what i did was create a 32x32 then i took my logo "the one in my display" and scale it down to fix the 32x32 frame, then i use favicon generator and it came out just like i want it to look :) but im gonna try using your example and see if i like that one better :D you prolly wondering why this guy have 2 logos for his websites well the first one which is on www.divinedesigns1.com was the very first successful logo i ever created "not including the BELOVED logo" but my girlfriend say it doesnt match the name DDS1 which was sure because if you look at it it look like it was saying SD1 which isnt the name 0.o Satisfy Designs1? doesnt really site well but the logo was looking very hot and still is. i love the work i do so i will be using both logos the new one "my display" on dds1.com and the official one on dds1.net :good: both will be tatted on my skin it means something to me