Making a front page

tnd1000

Hello. I made a welcome page, something that outlines what my site is all about, but now I'm not sure how to place it. I would like it to be the first page that people see when they type in my site's web address. They would then be able to continue on to my homepage. The only purpose the welcome page would serve, would be to greet people when they go to the site (basically along the lines of an index.html page).Right now, typing in the site's url just takes me to the home page. The software I am using (SocialEngine) doesn't seem to have any settings for a 'front' page. Is there any way to do this via code? Thanks!

Thank you so much! I kind of suspected along those lines, but I just needed some verification that I wasn't going to break something. :good:

Okay, this might seem like a silly question, but any idea where I might find my page files? There is so much stuff in my public_html directory that I have no idea where to start looking.

Yes if that's easier. Because you're using SocialEngine, there might be things in there that someone may not be familiar with and seeing what's in there, can help determine where the files you're looking for might be.

This is inside the public_html directory: [removed] This is inside the /application folder: [removed] (You'll probably have to click on them to view the full images) I really appreciate your help on this.

Edited by tnd1000

Ah. Didn't realize there was a help topic on the subject... Thank you very, very much for your assistance!