textarea when you choice from option

divinedesigns1

hey guys whats good? i have a question, how do i make a textarea to appear when you click a certain button in a contact form? this is my options <select name="services" id="services"><option>footer</option><option>neck</option><option>knee</option><option>eyes</option><option>lips</option></select> so if you click on lips a textarea would appear, how do i do this? i know it have to do with something in php i think it call on the textarea when you click on lips 0.o can i have a few hint or tips?

• Like 1

you need to use js. you can bound a onchange event in select and check its value when event trigger if it matches lips either you need to create a node of textarea using js dom or you can have a existed hidden textarea and you need to have visible.

IF you want textarea to appear with PHP only, you would use a form to send by method get or post, a value of 'lips' on submission to look for submitted value, and show required textarea, BUT! this will mean the reloading of this page completely OR transferring to a different page. Javascript can on selection, show a premade textarea hidden from view using display: none; that would show itself by resetting to display: block; no reload, but javascript must be enabled Ajax same as above, but retrieve texarea PLUS content from database using PHP and javascript combined again no reload, but javascript must be enabled