some basic css rule

giovanni

hi guys, first sorry for my ad english, i'm a newbie about css and i need an help about some rule: what is the difference betwwen these two rules? html {padding:0px; margin:0px} body{padding:0px; margin:0px} the intepretation of this ruls div#extra div.newsbox p{margin: 0} is all paragraph inside div with class newsbox internal to div with id equal to extra has all margin set to zero is correct tanksGiovanni

(1) html{[...]}, sets zero margin/padding for the <html> element, while body{[...]}, sets it for the <body> element.(2)

div#extra div.newsbox p{[...]}

Any <p>, inside a <div> with id="newsbox", and the <div> with id="newsbox", is also inside another <div>, with class="extra".

Edited by eTianbun

You mixed up the class and ID selectors there. A hash # is the ID selector while a dot . is a class selector. A space between two selectors means that the selector on the right is a descendent of the selector on the left.

• Like 1

You mixed up the class and ID selectors there. A hash # is the ID selector while a dot . is a class selector. A space between two selectors means that the selector on the right is a descendent of the selector on the left.
Opse, my bad! I use mobile phone, so i find it difficult to spot error(s) sometimes, thats why i always edit my post... Thanks for that :)