Echo?

eduard

http://www.php.net/m...nction.echo.php It prints to the page whatever you want it to: Example:
echo "Hello Eduard, how's Argentina been so far for you? I heard it's really nice there!";  

The above prints/outputs to the page: Hello Eduard, how's Argentina been so far for you? I heard it's really nice there!

$num = 5; echo $num; //this prints 5

echo "I have $num fingers in one hand."; // prints I have 5 fingers in one hand. This works because of using double quotes. If you would of used single quotes instead, it would of printed: I have $num fingers in one hand.

If you're going to use single quotes, suggest like this then:

echo 'I have ' . $num . ' fingers in one hand.'; // prints I have 5 fingers in one hand. The period(.) is the concatenation operator.

I'm sure you get the idea. :good:

http://www.php.net/m...nction.echo.php It prints to the page whatever you want it to: Example:
echo "Hello Eduard, how's Argentina been so far for you? I heard it's really nice there!";  

The above prints/outputs to the page: Hello Eduard, how's Argentina been so far for you? I heard it's really nice there!

$num = 5; echo $num; //this prints 5

echo "I have $num fingers in one hand."; // prints I have 5 fingers in one hand. This works because of using double quotes. If you would of used single quotes instead, it would of printed: I have $num fingers in one hand.

If you're going to use single quotes, suggest like this then:

echo 'I have ' . $num . ' fingers in one hand.'; // prints I have 5 fingers in one hand. The period(.) is the concatenation operator.

I'm sure you get the idea. :good:

Thanks very much!The php page I find too complicated (too many ´technical´ terms)!Concatenation operator I could search for it! Easier for me would be the explanation of ´concatenation´ aswell as ´operator´. (I´m Dutch) Edited by eduardlid

Concatenate means to join.Operator is what is between two values in an operation: 1 + 2 A concatenation operatir would be one that joins the values you are operating. In PHP the concatenation operator is . so: "a" . "b" = "ab"

Concatenate means to join.Operator is what is between two values in an operation: 1 + 2 A concatenation operatir would be one that joins the values you are operating. In PHP the concatenation operator is . so: "a" . "b" = "ab"
Ok, thanks! (insert.php works!)Operator can´t be between 2 variables? Edited by eduardlid

Hey Eduard,Since your native language is Dutch, have you ever thought about taking what people say here in English and using a translator to translate everything for you in Dutch? Maybe by doing that, you can understand better in your native language what people are trying to teach you in English. Here is a good site to translate from English to Dutch: http://translation.babylon.com/english/to-dutch/The above translated to Dutch for example:Hoi Eduard, aangezien uw moedertaal is Nederlands, heb je ooit al eens nagedacht over wat de mensen zeggen hier in het Engels en met behulp van een vertaler te vertalen alles voor u in het Nederlands? Misschien door dat te doen, kunt u beter inzicht in uw eigen taal wat men wil leren je in het Engels. Hier is een goede site te vertalen van Engels naar Nederlands: http://translation.babylon.com/english/to-dutch/Just a suggestion!

Hey Eduard, Since your native language is Dutch, have you ever thought about taking what people say here in English and using a translator to translate everything for you in Dutch? Maybe by doing that, you can understand better in your native language what people are trying to teach you in English. Here is a good site to translate from English to Dutch: http://translation.b...glish/to-dutch/ The above translated to Dutch for example: Hoi Eduard, aangezien uw moedertaal is Nederlands, heb je ooit al eens nagedacht over wat de mensen zeggen hier in het Engels en met behulp van een vertaler te vertalen alles voor u in het Nederlands? Misschien door dat te doen, kunt u beter inzicht in uw eigen taal wat men wil leren je in het Engels. Hier is een goede site te vertalen van Engels naar Nederlands: http://translation.b...glish/to-dutch/ Just a suggestion!
That translator is like my knowledge of php: bad!

When he first came to this forum, he used Google translate... the result was that there were not even misleading "thank you"s, because of how bad the translation was. No, instead there were "do you mean [insert bad interpretation that's obviously caused by faulty translation]?".Eduard, consider using a forum with Dutch people in it... like websized.com for example (that's like the first result of a Google search... I'm sure there are more).

Operator can´t be between 2 variables?
An operator operates on one or two values. A value can be something you write out directly, or it can be a value in a variable.For example
2+3

applies the "+" operator on the values "2" and "3", which were written out directly.And

$a+3

applies the "+" operator on the value of the variable "a" and the directly written value "3".The "technical term" for a value that is written out directly is "literal". In manuals, forums and other stuff, you'll most often see stuff like "string literal" or "int literal", and all that means is that you have a string (text) written directly onto the program (in the case of "string literal") or an "integer" (a whole number - 1, 2, 3, etc., but not 1.2, 3.4, etc.) written directly onto the program (in the case of "int literal").

When he first came to this forum, he used Google translate... the result was that there were not even misleading "thank you"s, because of how bad the translation was. No, instead there were "do you mean [insert bad interpretation that's obviously caused by faulty translation]?". Eduard, consider using a forum with Dutch people in it... like websized.com for example (that's like the first result of a Google search... I'm sure there are more). An operator operates on one or two values. A value can be something you write out directly, or it can be a value in a variable. For example
2+3

applies the "+" operator on the values "2" and "3", which were written out directly. And

$a+3

applies the "+" operator on the value of the variable "a" and the directly written value "3". The "technical term" for a value that is written out directly is "literal". In manuals, forums and other stuff, you'll most often see stuff like "string literal" or "int literal", and all that means is that you have a string (text) written directly onto the program (in the case of "string literal") or an "integer" (a whole number - 1, 2, 3, etc., but not 1.2, 3.4, etc.) written directly onto the program (in the case of "int literal").

From whom is this awful text at the top of your post?I never used Google translate (I hate it!)!

I never used Google translate (I hate it!)!
I seem to remember you used to... initially... either that, or simply your English skills were so bad that you didn't understand people who used "fancy" words, phrases and grammar, such as "in the process", "do it while you're doing", "used to have had", "grasp" and my personal favorite (which was most suggestive of you using Google Translate), "datatype" vs. "data type", with you only starting to grasp posts when they used the second form.

I seem to remember you used to... initially... either that, or simply your English skills were so bad that you didn't understand people who used "fancy" words, phrases and grammar, such as "in the process", "do it while you're doing", "used to have had", "grasp" and my personal favorite (which was most suggestive of you using Google Translate), "datatype" vs. "data type", with you only starting to grasp posts when they used the second form.
I speak good english, although I make mistakes! But as you know The Netherlands are close to Great Britain and NOT to the USA!

I speak good english, although I make mistakes! But as you know The Netherlands are close to Great Britain and NOT to the USA!
I'm not sure I see your point, given that Bulgaria is also closer to Great Britain than to the USA (+ at the time of your first posts, you were in Chile, which is closer to the USA than to Great Britain, though again, that's irrelevant). The English I've studied (in school) is also British English, and not American English. I don't have any "formal" (as in "certified") qualification, and I'm guessing neither do you."Google Translate" or not, you have to admit that your English was VERY bad in your first posts. It has improved, yes, but that doesn't negate its previous state.(coincidentally: "negate" is an operator...)

Eduard, since Dutch is similar to German(I heard/read), can you understand this then: http://www.php.net/manual/de/ It's the PHP manual in German.
I saw that one also, but German is similar, but not the same (many differences)!English is for me easier than German! Edited by eduardlid

I saw that one also, but German is similar, but not the same (many differences)!
:blink: How old are you? :blink: are you going to always be like this when it comes to learning? :blink: if there was a broken-english forum like w3s i would be happy :huh: dont get me wrong, i understand english pretty clearly i just perfer to speak broken english. ^_^ my dad once said, you shouldnt force someone to do something they dont want to do or have no serious kind of interest in :mellow: quite frankly i now understand what he was saying. ;) if you wish to learn, read the books on your topic, if you dont understand what the book is saying ask questions, if you still dont understand the answers given to you state that you dont understand or ask for the answer to be broken down :closedeyes: you see, your luckly you have these guys to help you, whiles me i only come here until im truely stuck on something i can not fix <_< be happy you dont have any pressure and that you have a lot of helping hands :huh: P.S i perfer to do things on my own, and i am not saying that no one never helped me on here, since i have receive many help

I'm not sure I see your point, given that Bulgaria is also closer to Great Britain than to the USA (+ at the time of your first posts, you were in Chile, which is closer to the USA than to Great Britain, though again, that's irrelevant). The English I've studied (in school) is also British English, and not American English. I don't have any "formal" (as in "certified") qualification, and I'm guessing neither do you. "Google Translate" or not, you have to admit that your English was VERY bad in your first posts. It has improved, yes, but that doesn't negate its previous state. (coincidentally: "negate" is an operator...)
Few corrections:- Chile is indeed closer to the USA, but I never spoke the past 3 years english there (99% of the chileans don´t speak english)!- I have a cerificate in English (Proficiency), but it´s a long time ago (1986)!- Therefore I don´t admit anything (only that I´ve forgotten much! But to forget is human, isn´t it?).

These threads really need to stay on topic.
i know, but this guy just dont.............yea you know, which is wasting everyone time, and than taking the advice or tips that is given he fine excuses which always end up in a roarrrrrrrrrrrr...........meow. but would it be wrong for us to ignore him since he need help?

I'm not saying ignore him, I'm saying that Eduard and everyone else need to keep the discussion about programming and not about language barriers, or housing situations, or countries, or hostels, or Chileans, or Groundhog Day, or disabilities, or whatever else.

I'm not saying ignore him, I'm saying that Eduard and everyone else need to keep the discussion about programming and not about language barriers, or housing situations, or countries, or hostels, or Chileans, or Groundhog Day, or disabilities, or whatever else.
I AGREE!

I AGREE!
how can you agree to something you always bring up?

how can you agree to something you always bring up?
I never bring something up (show me please?)! I reply (I´ve the right, have I)!