$´s for designing a website?

eduard

I got yesterday this offer - it´s urgent. It´s in spanish, but you understand it!What price can I ask for it (in $ us) and how long does it take to make it?

• Home o página inicio
  • 1 Galería de Fotos (Hasta 20 fotografías)
  • 2 Página tipo texto e imagen: Servicios, Empresa, otro
  • Formulario de Contacto
  • Webmail - 3 cuenta corporativa
  • Administrador de Contenidos (Web Creator)
  • Hosting - Alojamiento
  • Configuración de Dominio
  • Diseño Profesional

• Like 3

Are you sure you are capable of doing all that? How much to charge? A lot of freelancers charge by the amount of hours it took them to build the site.The amount of time it takes you to make that depends on your own skill.

Are you sure you are capable of doing all that? How much to charge? A lot of freelancers charge by the amount of hours it took them to build the site.The amount of time it takes you to make that depends on your own skill.
Together with an experienced person!This answer doesn´t suit me (question is in $!). I have to know - what I can ask the client. Therefore I would like to know what the price in general is in US $? And as I wrote it´s very urgent!

Again, as mentioned, you need to estimate how long it will take you to do it. Go through all the tasks and honestly asses (in hours) how long it takes you do each task. For the harder stuff, give it to the more experienced person. Determine his rate per hour, then do the same for you, obviously you should charge a lot less per hour. So you add up all his hours times his rate/hour, and then add up all your hours times rate/hour, and there's your total to charge for the project. On top of that, you will have an estimate for how you think it will take to complete the project.

Edited by thescientist

Again, as mentioned, you need to estimate how long it will take you to do it. Go through all the tasks and honestly asses (in hours) how long it takes you do each task. For the harder stuff, give it to the more experienced person. Determine his rate per hour, then do the same for you, obviously you should charge a lot less per hour. So you add up all his hours times his rate/hour, and then add up all your hours times rate/hour, and there's your total to charge for the project. On top of that, you will have an estimate for how you think it will take to complete the project.
Neither is this an answer! As I wrote twice it´very urgent! Your replies are if you´ve time! You´d better write to me what you charge for this, then I can make my conclusions!

Neither is this an answer! As I wrote twice it´very urgent! Your replies are if you´ve time! You´d better write to me what you charge for this, then I can make my conclusions!
bug off then. what do you want from us? If you can't even bothered to estimate your own work, and are asking us to do that too, you don't deserve the work, quite honestly. The whole point is that different people have different skills sets. You have to estimate your own work, because you are the one doing it. Ironically, in the time you've taken to blow off everyone's responses, you could probably have a basic assessment of all this already. The fact that you can't do this, or be bothered to do this, clearly demonstrates that you are far from ready to even consider taking on work for money, Edited by thescientist
  • Like 1

Listen man, they have told you.. it depends on how many hours you are going to work on the website for your client..For example if you will work an overall of 36 hours the calculation could for example be 36hr x 20$ = 720$ ..(of course I'm just estimating that, I'm not sure about the real pricing nowadays but that's the criteria).

Listen man, they have told you.. it depends on how many hours you are going to work on the website for your client..For example if you will work an overall of 36 hours the calculation could for example be 36hr x 20$ = 720$ ..(of course I'm just estimating that, I'm not sure about the real pricing nowadays but that's the criteria).
Thanks very much! That´s what I needed!

how is that any different from what Ingolme and I told you? Count up the hours and multiply times a rate reflective of your services? You're weird man...I don't get you at all.

Edited by thescientist

It looks like he was hoping/wanting to get an overall estimate price for the project based on what he said in the first post despite having to calculate the hours etc; ie "Yeah about $500-700 dollars should be a good price to offer." Some years ago I had a small landscaping business and the clients always wanted to know price before hand no matter what and I would express to them sometimes that I cannot give you a definite price without first seeing your property etc, but they always insisted on giving them an 'estimate' at least anyway. It kind of seems like He's in the same boat with these potential clients and they want an answer fast despite having to calculate everything.Just my two cents. :)

yeah, but the post he "liked" just took an arbitrary time with an arbitrary rate and come up with an estimate. and the poster even pre-faced by saying it was an example. Not trying to argue with you, but just calling out the OP.

It looks like he was hoping/wanting to get an overall estimate price for the project based on what he said in the first post despite having to calculate the hours etc; ie "Yeah about $500-700 dollars should be a good price to offer." Some years ago I had a small landscaping business and the clients always wanted to know price before hand no matter what and I would express to them sometimes that I cannot give you a definite price without first seeing your property etc, but they always insisted on giving them an 'estimate' at least anyway. It kind of seems like He's in the same boat with these potential clients and they want an answer fast despite having to calculate everything. Just my two cents. :)
That was indeed the reply I was looking for!

how is that any different from what Ingolme and I told you? Count up the hours and multiply times a rate reflective of your services? You're weird man...I don't get you at all.
Very simple! No amount was mentioned: the most important part!

but i still need to know more about the universal pricing criteria, could you guys explain more.. probably any of you could tell us about a free lancing project he has worked on associated with details about ( how much he got paid, how long did it take, the complexity, what was asked of em", how he arranged and negotiated, etc.)

you keep making my point. The price has to be based on your abilities, because as someone little experience, things will take you longer. i could do a website in less time, but charge more for it because I have the experience to know exactly what I can get done and in how long. You are the opposite end of the spectrum, with little proven experience in just about any capacity. That's a critical factor in estimating. But if you're just looking for numbers irrespective of the meaning behind.... well, then I guess I can only say that I feel bad for what you client is about to get himself into. It's just like in the code, if you can't explain each line and what it's doing, you're not ready to be doing it for money. If you could, then you would know what goes into each part of the clients request, and you would be able to figure out most of it yourself. Anyway, I'm sure this will all just go in one ear and out there other...
  • Like 1

Sorry, I wrote already this afternoon: Closed (the price has already been sent!) Thanks anyway!

you keep making my point. The price has to be based on your abilities, because as someone little experience, things will take you longer. i could do a website in less time, but charge more for it because I have the experience to know exactly what I can get done and in how long. You are the opposite end of the spectrum, with little proven experience in just about any capacity. That's a critical factor in estimating. But if you're just looking for numbers irrespective of the meaning behind.... well, then I guess I can only say that I feel bad for what you client is about to get himself into. It's just like in the code, if you can't explain each line and what it's doing, you're not ready to be doing it for money. If you could, then you would know what goes into each part of the clients request, and you would be able to figure out most of it yourself. Anyway, I'm sure this will all just go in one ear and out there other...
As I was in a very hury this morning and I hadn´t time to read much (although it´s very true!). The only thing I needed was amounts Right or wrong! In this case I can discuss (?) this with the client!

As I was in a very hury this morning and I hadn´t time to read much (although it´s very true!). The only thing I needed was amounts Right or wrong! In this case I can discuss (?) this with the client!
P. s. Thank god this computer doesn´t speak (ear)!

I can't understand the way you are thinking seriously. If i said charge 1million would you charge 1million to the client? On the other hand you are the one that said in Argentina things are way different in finding a job, why would the prices be the same in your place and the rest of the world? And you made another question, how long it will take to make the website, how the ###### are we supposed your current skill level? You are the one making the website and you are the one that knows how much experience you got. I mentioned things that were said in the previous posts but who cares, the more you see them the more possible to get people's point. I am afraid if the client accepts your price, we'll have to do with a new wave of non-sense posts. If you ever finish the website, it will probably be 95% work done by this forum's member (if there is still patience) and the rest 5% from you. I am not a mean person but seriously, this kind of attitude makes me go crazy. Oh and... Καλή τύχη στον πελάτη....that's Greek but you understand it...[at least take some time to translate your post before requesting help]
  • Like 6

yeah, but the post he "liked" just took an arbitrary time with an arbitrary rate and come up with an estimate. and the poster even pre-faced by saying it was an example. Not trying to argue with you, but just calling out the OP.
I understand completely. I was just stating in general the perspective he probably was coming from.

I can't understand the way you are thinking seriously. If i said charge 1million would you charge 1million to the client? On the other hand you are the one that said in Argentina things are way different in finding a job, why would the prices be the same in your place and the rest of the world? And you made another question, how long it will take to make the website, how the ###### are we supposed your current skill level? You are the one making the website and you are the one that knows how much experience you got. I mentioned things that were said in the previous posts but who cares, the more you see them the more possible to get people's point. I am afraid if the client accepts your price, we'll have to do with a new wave of non-sense posts. If you ever finish the website, it will probably be 95% work done by this forum's member (if there is still patience) and the rest 5% from you. I am not a mean person but seriously, this kind of attitude makes me go crazy. Oh and... Καλή τύχη στον πελάτη....that's Greek but you understand it...[at least take some time to translate your post before requesting help]
Another ridiculous reply! 1.000.000 based on nothing! Now I understand why the Greek economy is going so bad!P. s. I got critism about my english, but if I compare that to yours than isn´t mine that bad!

I agree wth almost all of you, but there wasn´t internet here for some hours (what happens unfortunately often!), so I was very stressed!CLOSED!

Seriously now?!

So you add up all his hours times his rate/hour, and then add up all your hours times rate/hour, and there's your total to charge for the project.
For example if you will work an overall of 36 hours the calculation could for example be 36hr x 20$ = 720$ ..
If i am correct about the way you are thinking my answer is based on this calculation 200hr x 5000$ = 1000000$. If you actually see a difference between thescientist's reply, valiantshady's reply and mine, (besides the values), we have a problem...I didn't even judge you about your English :S [And i won't get into that, i am pretty confident about my current skills in the language] I just said you are in a forum where most people are english-speaking so at least translate your posts to English. And a comment about your argument concerning the Greek economy. You don't live in this country, so you can't speak for this country unless you can present me some facts that actually prove what you say. If you don't understand how politics work (and i am referring to the media, the politician itself etc) it's not my fault. If you want to be a good programmer you have to start using logic, if you can't do that your chose the wrong field. This is my last post here, i am not going to argue over the internet.