Trouble with setting onclick

toxicious

This piece of code is driving me nuts:

function loadBtn(){var theBtn = document.getElementById("gaddonsBtn");  //Add the checkbox	    if (element != null)	    {		    element.innerHTML += '<br /><input type="checkbox" id="autoPick" value="autoPick" style="margin-top: 8px;" /> Auto-pick best mirror';	    }	   	    var checkbox = document.getElementById("autoPick");  //Add the save event  if (checkbox != null)	    {		    document.getElementById("autoPick").addEventListener("click", saveAutoPick, false);	    }  theBtn.addEventListener("click", navigate, false);}

The problem is that when I click "theBtn" nothing happens. But if I remove all the checkbox code (all code except the first and last line) the button do work.There is something wrong with that checkbox code. The checkbox gets added, I can view it, and its click event works too. The only thing that doesn't work here is the damn button. It would be great if someone could help me on what's wrong here!

Have you verified that it is calling the navigate function when you click on the button? Are you checking for Javascript error messages?
Yes, I have an alert on the click event. If I remove the checkboxes code (as I said) that alert goes off.Where should I check for the errors?

Try getting firebug from here and start debugging from there.

even without Firebug it still has error console. or just use Chrome/Safari. They both have a full suite of developer tools built in.