need help in using barcode by input data to textbox then move cursor to next textbox

newphpcoder

Hi..I need to input data in my textbox by scanning barcode then the data will input to textbox then the cursor focus move to next textbox until it goes to last textbox then save data.How is it possible? here is my sample code:

<?php	error_reporting(0);   date_default_timezone_set("Asia/Singapore"); //set the time zone$con = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root','');if (!$con) {	echo 'failed';	die();}mysql_select_db("mes", $con);?><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head><script type="text/javascript" > // this variable says how many characters you allow// to input in each textboxvar input_size = 3; function checkTextBox( ct ){	var tab = ct.tabIndex;						 if ( ct.value.length == input_size )		{			for(i=0; i<document.barcode.elements.length; i++)			{					  if( document.barcode.elements[i].tabIndex == (tab+1) )					 {  						 document.barcode.elements[i].focus();						 break;					 }		  }	}		}; </script> </head><body onLoad="document.barcode.code_read_box1.focus();"><form name="barcode" ><input type="text" tabindex="1" id="code_read_box1" value="" onKeyPress="checkTextBox(this);"/><br/><input type="text" tabindex="2" id="code_read_box2" value="" onKeyPress="checkTextBox(this);"/><br/><input type="text" tabindex="3" id="code_read_box3" value="" onKeyPress="checkTextBox(this);"/><br/><input type="text" tabindex="4" id="code_read_box4" value="" onKeyPress="checkTextBox(this);"/><br/><input type="text" tabindex="5" id="code_read_box5" value="" onKeyPress="checkTextBox(this);"/><br/><input type="text" tabindex="6" id="code_read_box6" value="" onKeyPress="checkTextBox(this);"/><br/></form></body> </html>

In that code I use javascript, but the problem in my code is it move to another textbox after i input 3 characters but it did not what I want because i need to use barcode instead of keyboard.I hope somebody can help me.Thank you so much

Edited by newphpcoder

Why do you keep making new threads for this issue? You need to keep this discussion to one thread. Like I said in some other thread about this, you need to figure out which events the barcode scanner causes to trigger. You can use those events to do what you want to do.