Tasks for a php programmer.

ckrudelux

It is not limited to user login in general any possible type of aribatary problem solving

It is not limited to user login in general any possible type of aribatary problem solving
User log in was an example, I just have second thoughts about what I should do with my programming skills. Like what I'm heading for if I started working with it or if I should do something else? Edited by ckrudelux

I don't think any of us are in any real capacity to know what the best path for your professional advancement should be. Where I work, I'm expected to be able to code (i.e. problem solve) in a few different languages as well as be able to learn/adapt to other ones if and when they are needed. Although I am probably best at Javascript and PHP, I've taken a lot of time to know some of the general theory behind programming in general; like OOP, DRY, TDD, etc because the theory generally applies across the board. I do this because I like to program; I like the challenge and I like to learn new things. Being proficient in one or two languages is OK, most people are. But you have to flexible and adaptive. I think that most employers expect that these days.

I don't think any of us are in any real capacity to know what the best path for your professional advancement should be. Where I work, I'm expected to be able to code (i.e. problem solve) in a few different languages as well as be able to learn/adapt to other ones if and when they are needed. Although I am probably best at Javascript and PHP, I've taken a lot of time to know some of the general theory behind programming in general; like OOP, DRY, TDD, etc because the theory generally applies across the board. I do this because I like to program; I like the challenge and I like to learn new things. Being proficient in one or two languages is OK, most people are. But you have to flexible and adaptive. I think that most employers expect that these days.
I don't want you to tell me what I should do it's just what I'm trying to get an idea of what it would be like. Some times I think I just put too much pressure on my self thinking I need too know more before I can get out there. I guess I'm looking for some indication what I have the skills to do this kind of work. I know I have to look into TDD. I have write and read about c++ and java which both are quite easy to understand except I get stuck at what libraries I should include or not include and why (it's like magic). I have a project coming up where I'm going to write a site for a company what delivers educations on human communication styles. They have an old page already and haven't had the time or the money to update it (quite dead atm) so I have quite a lot of room to maneuver since time isn't much of a concern. Might put it up here as a blog build, could be fun for the members on this forum and I maybe learn something. I just have something to do before I can start the project. Sounds like a plan at least in some direction :)

in php context i am not sure what is your question actually.how can we help you?

I get stuck at what libraries I should include or not include and why (it's like magic).
c++ has not libary for every work as you can see in php. you have to write your own or have to use third party libary. java comes with a large libary for most of common task.which comes as package with class highercy. java has the manual where you can find easily. if you are familiar with c/c++ it will be easier to adapt other languages

in php context i am not sure what is your question actually.how can we help you? c++ has not libary for every work as you can see in php. you have to write your own or have to use third party libary. java comes with a large libary for most of common task.which comes as package with class highercy. java has the manual where you can find easily. if you are familiar with c/c++ it will be easier to adapt other languages
It wasn't a direct question this was more like multiple statements of thoughts and I appreciate the answer you gave. So a question to your answer, in c++ the includes you do in the beginning are to libraries? but as you said is that something I need to add to the compiler and the include just points to which components I used in the script?

C++ has libraries(classes you can use) but you have to include them for whichever task you want to perform in your program. For example: #include <string> You will have access to the 'string' class, its methods and properties to perform string manipulations. Example: string str = "Hello"; cout << "The length of str is " << str.length() << " characters.\n" // outputs: The length of str is 5 characters.By including, you tell the compiler what to work with. What I noticed about C++, it's very strict. The compiler needs to have/know everything about what you're doing in the program. Unlike other languages like PHP where we don't have to do an include for string manipulation for example, it's already built in. If we didn't include the string class above though, the compiler would of gave an error even though the 'string' type/class is part of C++(meaning it part of it's 'library'), but for each program we make, we have to include it.

Edited by Don E

in c++ the includes you do in the beginning are to libraries?
yes they are part of standard libary. even when you use cout or cin its also defined in iostream
is that something I need to add to the compiler and the include just points to which components I used in the script?
for standard lib you probably dont need to anything to compiler. when you use file names in include directive of preporocseor<> will look into in default include directory eg #include <iostream.h>" " will look into current directory of where it being included if not found fall back to default directory eg include "iostream.h". if you want to set any arbitrary directory for look-up you have to set the include path in compiler Edited by birbal

C++ has libraries(classes you can use) but you have to include them for whichever task you want to perform in your program. For example: #include <string> You will have access to the 'string' class, its methods and properties to perform string manipulations. Example: string str = "Hello"; cout << "The length of str is " << str.length() << " characters.\n" // outputs: The length of str is 5 characters. By including, you tell the compiler what to work with. What I noticed about C++, it's very strict. The compiler needs to have/know everything about what you're doing in the program. Unlike other languages like PHP where we don't have to do an include for string manipulation for example, it's already built in. If we didn't include the string class above though, the compiler would of gave an error even though the 'string' type/class is part of C++(meaning it part of it's 'library'), but for each program we make, we have to include it.
Yes I know it's strict which one of the reasons I'm starting to like it more then php... I like the idea to predefine type like int, char, string and array to my functions and variables.
yes they are part of standard libary. even when you use cout or cin its also defined in iostream for standard lib you probably dont need to anything to compiler. when you use file names in include directive of preporocseor<> will look into in default include directory eg #include <iostream.h>" " will look into current directory of where it being included if not found fall back to default directory eg include "iostream.h". if you want to set any arbitrary directory for look-up you have to set the include path in compiler
So how do I get the list of the standard libraries? Edited by ckrudelux