hw to create value in form disappear when clicked

fikiwan

hai friends , can do help me ,how to create value in form disappear when clicked,when form clicked then value in form disappear ...like form search in here , I clicked form and word search disappear ..how to make like tht, ..thks before

<input type="text" name="search"  value="Search..." onfocus="this.value=''">

once the input has focus, the input value is cleared completely and will never show again, if you make a mistake and to wish to correct the spelling you end up with same problem. One option is to identify when it is default value, hide, But! if not, keep the value entered, also if value deleted manually and you leave the input, return to default value.

<input type="text" name="search" value="Search..." onfocus="if(this.value==this.defaultValue){this.value=''}" onblur="if(this.value==''){this.value=this.defaultValue}">

• Like 1

<input type="text" name="search"  value="Search..." onfocus="this.value=''">

once the input has focus, the input value is cleared completely and will never show again, if you make a mistake and to wish to correct the spelling you end up with same problem. One option is to identify when it is default value, hide, But! if not, keep the value entered, also if value deleted manually and you leave the input, return to default value.

<input type="text" name="search" value="Search..." onfocus="if(this.value==this.defaultValue){this.value=''}" onblur="if(this.value==''){this.value=this.defaultValue}">

thanks so much bro its work, :) and how make style value in the form , I want change color, type word,large word ect Edited by fikiwan

input[type=text] { font-size:20px; color: red;}
ya I knew like that, I can do in style css, But I want style value in the form not same if I fill the data, .. you can try in form search here,if you write a word in the form ,style value which disappear different with style word you write,. hw to make like that you could help me !!, thks before .. note : sorry my english not good :)

??? you mean like this

input[type="text"] { color: #5A5A5A; font-family:"Century Gothic";}

<input type="text" name="search" value="Search..." onfocus="if(this.value==this.defaultValue){this.value='';} this.style.color='#000000'; this.style.fontSize='16px';" onblur="if(this.value==''){this.value=this.defaultValue;this.style.color='#5a5a5a';this.style.fontSize='14px';}else{this.style.color='#000000'; this.style.fontSize='14px';}">

• Like 1