creating html website template

helen2263

Hello Everyone,I am creating a new site and would like the following. Please see image for example. I have tried but having difficulties with the upper background and lower background images. The text content part I would like a drop shadow which I can do.This is what I would like to do.1. main background colour grey2. add upper image background on main background,3. add navigation bar and text content on upper image background with drop shadow on text content part, so the upper image background would be underneath the navigation bar and text content area.4. add bottom background image on top of text content page.The problem I am having is to add the navigation and text content on top of the upper image background and to add the bottom image background on top of the navigation and text content area.I hope i am not confusing anyone but any help would be great. post-95900-0-37526500-1336211395_thumb.jpg

If your top and bottom background images contain just a plain colour, i'd suggest using divs for those fields and setting it's background colour to the one you want to use. Images will add unnecesarry load time to your website. You can use the z-index property to set which element will appear in front/back of the other and use margin to set their position on the page. If you need more details let us know.