The limits of jquery

Shadowing

Hey guys im having a problem while moving a object accross the screen and trying to make it hide() while its still moving. if you look at my page below it will get you a some what idea of what im doing.the problem is im wanting to blow something up while its moving and im having problems doing this. one problem is while using jquery animation i cant tell a element what to do until the animation is done with that element. another thing i hate how jquery animation slows down right before stoping. Im assuming thats jquery doing that? because im trying to blow up a fast moving ship i cant have it be slowing down to a stop then blow up. My home page isnt showing the faster ships im working on atm but will still give you an idea what im doing. would really appreciate some help im at a halt now. http://www.stargatesystemlords.com

$('.'+tag)[effect](0,function(){  	$(this).animate({'margin-left': '+='+left ,'margin-top': '+='+top , 'width': '+='+width ,'height': '+='+height}, +speed);  });

Edited by Shadowing

for the speed to be constant, not speed up and slow at end you would use "linear" after duration

$('.'+tag)[effect](0,function(){          $(this).animate({'margin-left': '+='+left ,'margin-top': '+='+top , 'width': '+='+width ,'height': '+='+height}, +speed, 'linear');  });

dsonesuk thats amazing thanks alot. I didnt even know that parameter existed loland now i see there is even a plugin for that to extend it even more. course i think i only really have use for is linear and swing

Edited by Shadowing

Hey thats pretty kewl. what did you use to do that with? should book mark my site and keep checking back. signing up for beta will be possible later this week in theory... trying to make the hyperspace window look better atm

Truespace its a 3d modelling program which was bought up by microsoft, but you can download it for free. When you finished creating the model, you can record and move parts of the model to create animation, then save as a movie format.