Seeking hints

divinedesigns1

hey sup guys, im just testing out something right quick and came up with the problem of setting all 3 of the columns to the height, i can simple put a fix height but that wouldnt work if theres content which isnt equal to the fix height, so i have a header, 3 columns and a footer the footer is a sticky footer so it can stay at the bottom of the screen always, then theres the 3 columns which should be the same height of the screen or atleast the same height of the column 2 "the content" but that isnt the case here, i have them but they just stay there until you fill them 0.o which isnt what im trying to do even if its just a test. i manage to make the columns top rounded, and stay inline, buttttttt when it comes to the height it doesnt work, i have tried height equal 100% but that doesnt do the trick, then i try height equal auto but that doesnt do the trick either, 0.o am i missing something? please do not tell me the whole code, just give me small hints pleaseeeeee

min-height: is usually used for the outer container, which contains the three columns AND header, this will then always be the same height of the browser screen until the content of ether column exceeds the screen height, then the height will match the height of the highest column. You can't really make each column match the height of the other columns, yet!, but you can use position: absolute; background div element to give the illusion, that they do, only if side columns have different background colour to main content. OR if you can guarantee the main content will always be higher than side columns, give outer container background-color of side columns, and required background for main content column instead.

Edited by dsonesuk