MS Access anyone?

ckrudelux

Would be wonderful if someone know how MS Access works I got some problems with open form with a filter.So far I only created a button and in the wizard I you could chose to filter from the current table row in the form to what rows to display in the new form. Does not work I get all results anyway.. What struck me as hard in this program is what everything is wizards.. so I have no idea how to change things manually. I have done some searches but end up with wizards what doesn't do the job. If I could chose I would just do this with mysql and php.. but not an option for this task.

It is such a long time since i did this, IF you are using a query, you could use Search within the actual field to show specific content if that's any help =["Search for Whatever"] The other option is to create drop list where you select what you are looking for, and the query reruns looking for your selection, but this involve setting up a macro, to compare to selection, and update results. Edit: just clear up what happens with =["Search for Whatever"] , this causes a dialog box to appear, with title 'Search for whatever' where you fill in you search word, then hit ok! and away it goes and do its thing

Edited by dsonesuk

It is such a long time since i did this, IF you are using a query, you could use Search within the actual field to show specific content if that's any help =["Search for Whatever"] The other option is to create drop list where you select what you are looking for, and the query reruns looking for your selection, but this involve setting up a macro, to compare to selection, and update results.
This is the macro set by the wizard:"[_course]=" & [iD] Btw should mention what I'm using 2007 version of MS Access

I still have 2000 version, and that works just! the wizard i always i thought was not the brightest Gandalf in the covenant (well not in my version), i think you have to type the actual table/query name it is referring to [thistable] or [thisquery]

I still have 2000 version, and that works just! the wizard i always i thought was not the brightest Gandalf in the covenant (well not in my version), i think you have to type the actual table/query name it is referring to [thistable] or [thisquery]
ops. didn't get all:
Action:OpenFormArguments:_session; Form; ; "[_course]=" & [ID]; Edit; Normal

Edited by ckrudelux