id = 0 (phpmyadmin)?

eduard

Although this topic doesn´t belong here, how do I reset my ´id´ to 0 in phpmyadmin? I´ve been trying with Google without success!

Although this topic doesn´t belong here, how do I reset my ´id´ to 0 in phpmyadmin? I´ve been trying with Google without success!
in the phpmyadmin, in the id row you need to have it as id 11 auto_increment primary, that will make it start from 0 and add 1 to that number pre person or w.e your trying to do now if you already done that, reseting it in phpmyadmin, i dont believe that is possible, would have to re-create the database for it to start once again from 0 "might be wrong who knows"

You can change the auto-increment value on the Operations tab.
But where?- table options- table maintenance- move table to ....- etc.

But where?- table options- table maintenance- move table to ....- etc.
while browsing the table in question

There aren't a lot of things on the Operations tab, Eduard. Are you trying to move or copy the table? No, you're not. Do you want to defragment, optimize, or flush the table? No, that doesn't sound like what you're trying to do either. Maybe you want to change one of the options.

There aren't a lot of things on the Operations tab, Eduard. Are you trying to move or copy the table? No, you're not. Do you want to defragment, optimize, or flush the table? No, that doesn't sound like what you're trying to do either. Maybe you want to change one of the options.
I did that, but it didn´t work!I got the ´id´ at 0 (unmarked auto-increment), but I want it ascending (1, 2, 3, 4) from 1!How? Edited by eduardlid

It needs to be an auto-increment field if you want it to auto-increment, Eduard.
But now the numbers are 69, 70, etc.. How do I start from 1 again?

didn't we just tell you how to reset it? In the Operation Tab..?

Edited by thescientist

But now the numbers are 69, 70, etc.. How do I start from 1 again?
you can truncate the table (there is option for that named EMPTY). but it will delete all the data.

I´ll do it how thescientist said (wipe the table - I also read that!) Thanks for the explanation!How do I do it safe? Another question:Is it better to have phpmyadmin in the cPanel of my hosting company?

Edited by eduardlid

Is it better to have phpmyadmin in the cPanel of my hosting company?
they already have. when you login in your CP look for it.

I´ll do it how thescientist said (wipe the table - I also read that!) Thanks for the explanation!How do I do it safe?

I see dodo and a fan coming to mind here....please make backup. Question WHY reset the ID,? you are not going to run out of numbers, it does not matter if they are in the wrong order, or don't run in sequence, or have gaps, as you WILL ALWAYS end up with this situation as rows of data are deleted and replaced. The only reason someone would do this is, is if they have a serious OCD problem, and can't function/sleep unless the id runs in a orderly sequence starting from 1.

I´ll do it how thescientist said (wipe the table - I also read that!) Thanks for the explanation!How do I do it safe?

I see dodo and a fan coming to mind here....please make backup. Question WHY reset the ID,? you are not going to run out of numbers, it does not matter if they are in the wrong order, or don't run in sequence, or have gaps, as you WILL ALWAYS end up with this situation as rows of data are deleted and replaced. The only reason someone would do this is, is if they have a serious OCD problem, and can't function/sleep unless the id runs in a orderly sequence starting from 1.

Why reset ´id´? I think the client doesn´t like to have an ´id´ starting with 69!

You think? So you are wasting time trying to reset a auto incrementing id value, that no-one would even consider bothering with? where 99.9999999% of time the client would not even know what a auto incrementing id value is and probably couldn't care less, as long as the site works as it should, ALL based on a assumption.

You think? So you are wasting time trying to reset a auto incrementing id value, that no-one would even consider bothering with? where 99.9999999% of time the client would not even know what a auto incrementing id value is and probably couldn't care less, as long as the site works as it should, ALL based on a assumption.
Ok, thamks!

do you understand what an auto incrementing id is used for? It's just used to keep the records unique. it has really no influence on the content to be stored in the table. i.e. it's like it has to be product number (id) or anything. It's internal to the database and your schema.

do you understand what an auto incrementing id is used for? It's just used to keep the records unique. it has really no influence on the content to be stored in the table. i.e. it's like it has to be product number (id) or anything. It's internal to the database and your schema.
Sorry, but 2 things are more important now:- uploading files to my host and msql queries on my website!