My “announcer display list” is out of control

Scotty13

I'm only a rookie, so I would appreciate any help and please don't answer with to complicated replies.I’m following tuts to build a social network from someone on youtube.My echo $announcerDisplayList;I attached an image so you can see what my announcer display list does.PHP entry…$announcerDisplayList .= '<table width="100%" align="center" cellpadding="4" style="background-color:#CCCCCC; border:#999 1px solid;"> <tr><td width="12%" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="top"><a href="root/res.php?id=' . $uid . '">' . $announcer_pic . '</a> </td><td width="100%" bgcolor="#F9F9F9" style="line-height:1.5em;" valign="top"><span class="liteGreyColor textsize10"> ' . $whenAnno . ' <a href="root/res.php?id=' . $uid . '"><strong>' . $username . '</a> Announced: </span><br />via <em>' . $anno_device . '</em></span><br /><span class="textsize10"> ' . $the_anno . '</span> </td> </tr></table>'; } } </head> <body> <p> <?php print "$MemberDisplayList"; ?> </p> </div> </div> <?php print "$announcerDisplayList"; ?></td> </table> <br /> <br /> </td> </tr> </table> <?php include_once "footer_template.php"; ?> </body> </html> 1. Why are the entries all spaced out?2. Why “_” between each word. Thanks,Scott

"_" is used to promote readability and the entries are called tags. They're spread out because that's how some people code. I'd probably start with questions like what's in the top part of your script and what are you planning to do to tame it?