(Pre)judges of not being intelligent!

eduard

After having received the most terrible replies - like this morning, but also many others; my reaction!- intelligence: it´s a fact that the majority is (far) more intelligent is than I am. However, intelligence you can´t learn, neither you can buy it! But, you know me for a while and all the other comments are not true!But, I think you need more to be a programmer!- ´fighter´: I am (I never give up!)- having patient: I have (although it can be better!)- motivation: I have (although others say the contrary!)- etc-So, you (pre)judge me because I am not that intelligent (1 of 4)?P. s. I came to these fora for help in computing programming; not to receive other comments!

this is a website designing forum. not a blog. man up and take some accountability for yourself. you can't deny that you've always been given the answer to every question that you've asked, normally involving the time and effort of many of the members of this forum. You can't deny the fact that you have been here for a long time and are essentially asking the same questions over and over again. Some people have it, some people don't. For those that don't, it is up to them to make the extra effort needed to overcome their lack of aptitude for a given skill set, not constantly barrage the forums practically repeating post after post, questions you've already asked and been given the answers too. It's starting to lose our interest, and on top of that, you generally alienate those trying to help you. Anyway, this thread should be stopped dead in it's tracks, or else it will end devolving it unhelpful and useless dialog like most of your posts end up doing.

Edited by thescientist

Guest LH91325
P. s. I came to these fora for help in computing programming; not to receive other comments!
Yet you start a topic that has nothing to do with programming. My advice is that you should learn to break down larger problems into smaller ones. Don't write 100 lines of code and have no idea why it's not working and post the whole listing on the forum. Other people are not going to debug your code for you. Write some code that does some smaller part of your objective. Maybe 20 lines of code. Get it working or post it when you are stuck. Once a small part of your code is working then include it as a building block in your larger code. Learn to use debugging techniques. There's no need to write a whole HTML page to check out some PHP code. Like for your form to MySQL problem, get the PHP and SQL code working with a few variables hard coded to values it might receive from a working form. All you need in your little PHP test program is one line echo "done!"; and then you can use phpMyAdmin to see how it affected your database. Learn to insert echo statements in parts of your code to show that execution reached there or to display key variables. To get your form working write the HTML (putting it in a PHP file) and then insert appropriate echo statements for example to tell you what input the form received: <?php echo $_GET['variable']; ?> Programming isn't just a language. In fact it isn't a language at all, it's a methodology. You'll need at least one language to execute your code but there's a whole larger concept that I think you're missing. You need to learn or develop logical debugging skills and you need learn how to break down your larger problems into smaller ones that you can more easily solve. People get annoyed when you post a big listing with maybe a few dozen bugs because they feel that you're asking them to do your job for you. Break it down into small problems of manageable size and ask for help on them. My guess is that by the time you've broken down something into a small problem you'll maybe see the problem yourself and not even need to post it. That's what learning programming is all about. Develop some logical debugging skills and read up on debugging techniques. Develop your own techniques. The problem isn't getting good answers. It's asking good questions. That applies both to asking questions on a forum, and asking debugging questions of your code and then inserting clever debugging statements to have your code tell you what is wrong.

No one is pre-judging you Eduard, that's what people do before they know you. We're judging you based on what we've actually seen you do. Anyway, like thescientist said, this is a forum to learn about programming. We're not going to talk about things that don't have to do with programming or web design.