heya some help with CSS and text width

hellhound121

kk im new to css, but the main thing i want to do it make a website with imgs and stuff, so two questions pls ^^1. how do i position a image in the CSS? do i use the positon:absolute? or do i use divs? how do u make divs in css?2. how do i make my text have a certen width space? like i type some text on my page and it goes over the screen so it goes width like 30000, but id like it to be in a certen box size, if you get what i mean, like the text can only be in |--------------HERE-----------| and not go out of the two |-|.

The answer to your question depends on your needs but if you go though the basics of CSS you will understand what I mean by this.You can use absolute positioning but 99.9% of the time this is not the best way.Here are some tutorials I think you may find handy.W3 Schools CSS.HTML Dog CSSA list apart CSS layout tips, tricks and techniquesMax Designs Holy GrailMax Design

Have some patience man. All of the things you're asking are answered well enough in the links johneva gave you. Read it all, or just skip to the reference and look for the desired CSS property. However, I wouldn't advise you to do the last thing though, because it's a shame to ask something like "how do u make divs in css?". It sounds as you need to read the HTML tutorial first too.