mysql data to excel sheet

divinedesigns1

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, im back with another question -_- sorry if i been all over the place, i got many things to do that im not sure how to do it, so with that said you will see me pretty much in all the sectors. anyway, its possible to import the information in mysql database to a excel sheet correct? i know you have to call onto the whole database for this to work "i know how to get the info from a table or a column my problem is -_- i still dont understand php since i havent get to finish my studies but i know a little, i know i need a form so the data can be imported into mysql, then i need to call onto that table with the SELECT function to get the information, but how do i get information from the mysql to excel?

You can use phpMyAdmin to export data in Excel format. Otherwise, you can use fputcsv to write an array to a file as CSV data. If you want a .xls or .xlsx file with formatting and multiple worksheets and things then you'll probably want to use a library for PHP that can work with Excel files. I've used PHPExcel to create .xls files, although it can be fairly slow and memory-intensive. Also, just so you know in case it's an issue for your data, Excel will only show a maximum of 256 columns and 65536 rows in any worksheet. I've had reports where I've had to keep track of how many rows there are and create another worksheet in the document for the additional rows.

You can use phpMyAdmin to export data in Excel format. Otherwise, you can use fputcsv to write an array to a file as CSV data. If you want a .xls or .xlsx file with formatting and multiple worksheets and things then you'll probably want to use a library for PHP that can work with Excel files. I've used PHPExcel to create .xls files, although it can be fairly slow and memory-intensive. Also, just so you know in case it's an issue for your data, Excel will only show a maximum of 256 columns and 65536 rows in any worksheet. I've had reports where I've had to keep track of how many rows there are and create another worksheet in the document for the additional rows.
its gonna be a small amount of data being stored into it, it should be around 2,000 to 20,000, depending on how many people fill the form, but ill check out the phpexcel because im gonna need to import that file into another programthanks thesci