unusual behaviour

birbal

currently when i was running a page in my localserver a script tag was appending in the last of body tag. it was connected to source to external domain. i dont know why that was happening with that page cause other page was not behaving that way probably(i did not notice anything).i am sure that the problemtic page has no such any things that could do that. intersting thing is if you view source of the page script tag is not there but if you see in firebug you can see that.can anyone tell what was that? though the problem has been solved. i disabled all the add ons and restarted the browser and then enable some of add on and it is solved. from that i guess it was any succpisous addon. still i like to knwo and be confirm about that. or is it any much serious issue than that?

• Like 1

this is my notepad which is running the page. i suspect it is addon as it stopped after disabling. i like to know how an attacker could do that in my local server? how do i knw it is an attack or just a bad addon? the page i was testing is just a test page and has nothing complex things are there even no any form processing it is quite like a static page. the page was js source linked to like http://cdn.certified-apps.com

i like to know how an attacker could do that in my local server?
If an attacker has compromised your server and gained access then they can do whatever they want, assuming they're logging in as root or something similar. If you want to know how to tell if your server has been compromised, that's something I'm not familiar with. I would imagine it has to do with analyzing the log files.
how do i knw it is an attack or just a bad addon?
Well, if the code shows up based on whether your addon is enabled then that's a good sign that it's the addon doing it.

Guest So Called

Perhaps you could post the suspicious tag? And maybe enough of the nearby code to see what it's doing?