php and a database

divinedesigns1

hello, i am trying to fine out, what is a good source to download onto my laptop i want to have php and a database on my desktop so when i do anything with php or a database i dont have to keep on waiting for it to display on my domain i tried xampp but yeah doesnt really work for me is there any other?

whats wrong with xampp? what is your platform? xampp wamp works well in windows. there is also lamp->linux, mamp->mac.

my platform is windows 7 64 bit and i keep having a problem starting apache for some reason, also when i click on the admin button it say i dont have premission to it, but i think i have a glitch where xampp is concern so imma reinstall it and see what happens

I use WAMPServer, which is pretty easy to manage. It allows you to install multiple versions of PHP, MySQL and Apache.
ill try that because this one is just annoying me atm

If you have Skype, be sure to change the settings so that it doesn't use port 80. It conflicts with WAMPServer if not. You can use a search engine to find where in Skype's settings the option is.

If you have Skype, be sure to change the settings so that it doesn't use port 80. It conflicts with WAMPServer if not. You can use a search engine to find where in Skype's settings the option is.
yea i do have skype, psssh prolly thats why the stupid thing wasnt working, thanks foxy