Creating Social Networking Site [Need Help]

mremorocks

I am willing to create a social networking site. I am not very expert in programming language but i know a little. i want to learn more for creating a complete social networking site. therefore i need to learn more. Can anyone suggest me what should i learn and which programming and designing language trending now which will help me creating the site and i also want a good name with the availability of domian (for the social networking site)

• Like 2

first, turn your computer into a localhost so your can learn to code. go to wampserver.com. it's free. second, learn html, css, php, and mysql at w3shools and use this forum. that's free. third, start programming your site while you're doing step two. concurrent learning and doing is critical, unless you have forever. fourth buy your domains as you think of them. you'll probably buy at least ten to get the one you'll actually use.

Edited by niche
  • Like 1

If you have little experience, I would expect to at least spend a good 3-5 years of learning and practicing before you even get get to that point.

Good point scientist, but if mremorocks matches learning with equal parts doing, I think they can get a site up faster than that. It all depends how fast they can log their 10,000 hours. http://www.gladwell....s_excerpt1.html http://www.squidoo.com/10000-hour-rule

Edited by niche

first, turn your computer into a localhost so your can learn to code. go to wampserver.com. it's free. second, learn html, css, php, and mysql at w3shools and use this forum. that's free. third, start programming your site while you're doing step two. concurrent learning and doing is critical, unless you have forever. fourth buy your domains as you think of them. you'll probably buy at least ten to get the one you'll actually use.
I know about this. but only w3schools is enough for making a social networking site

Fifth, if you were inspired to make a social networking site from the movie 'The Social Network', I won't be surprised. ;)
Fifth, if you were inspired to make a social networking site from the movie 'The Social Network', I won't be surprised. ;)
no it's not that movie. i haven't seen

I know about this. but only w3schools is enough for making a social networking site
As helpful as the tutorials and references are, they are only that. I have no idea what the scope of your project is, but for full scale, enterprise level webapps, the knowledge needed to build them requires more than what can be found in this pages alone, IMO.
  • Like 1

As helpful as the tutorials and references are, they are only that. I have no idea what the scope of your project is, but for full scale, enterprise level webapps, the knowledge needed to build them requires more than what can be found in this pages alone, IMO.
I agree, to understand high scale projects/features I have had to venture off of this site.This site is a great tool, never forget about it, but there are other sites that will help you a lot.