Can someone help with error

divinedesigns1

can someone help me understand this error, i made sure all the braces are matched up but im still getting that error this is the error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSE in C:\wamp\www\news\index.php on line 97
and this is the code
<?phpinclude_once(news/MyConnect.php);$query = "SELECT title DATE_FORMAT(date, '%M %d') as sd FROM news ORDER BY date DESC";$result = mysqli_query($con, $query);if(isset($_GET['id'])){    $id = $_GET['id'];}else{    if($result){	    while($row = mysqli_fetch_array($result, MYSQLI_ASSOC)){		    echo '<div class="in_news"><div class="tie">' . $row['title'] . '<a href="news.php?$id=id">..more</div>' . '</div>' . '<div class="sd">' . $row['sd'] . '</div></div>' . '<br />';	    }else{		    echo 'no post';	    }    }}?>

btw the <a href="news.php?$id=id">..more</div> is a test, im trying to use to get something by the id in the mysql anyway, i each google and it said the braces are unmatched so i rewrote the script and make sure i ended each brace when i open it but still im getting this error.

Please show me. I still don't see it and that bothers me.

That's the structure I was looking for and found in the question. What do you see, that I don't?

That's the structure I was looking for and found in the question. What do you see, that I don't?
http://www.w3schools...php_if_else.asphttp://www.w3schools...php_looping.asp while is a looping structure, like
for($i = 0, $l = count($someArray); $i < $l; $i += 1){  echo $i;};

if/else is a conditional structure. They are not interchangeable.

Edited by thescientist
  • Like 1

Dooh! What doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Thanks for accomodating me Ingolme and you to thescientist.. I'm confident I wouldn't have made that mistake, but it's interesting that I didn't catch it, at all, in someone else. Hmm.

Edited by niche

oh you guys already told him, sorry niche, was dealing with another problem im having, but yea that was the problem, i just moved the other else down and it worked