How to save clientSide textArea contents to a file?

vmars316

Greetings,I would like to be able to save clientSide textArea contents to a file? 1) A *.txt file would be nice. 2) Or can it be copied to clipboard?3) Can I dump textArea into an email?4) Some other clientSide method. Thanks...Vernon

There are security problems on both ends if a client-side language can save data into files.On the client-side, scripts could be used to save viruses into user's computers.On the server-side, scripts could be used to add server-scripting files to hack the system. For this reason, client.side scripts cannot save files neither on the server nor on the client's computer.

Guest So Called

Most good ideas are accidental. :) And bad ones too. ;) I've had a lot of problems posting on this site, presumably due to IP.Board's post editor implementation. Sometimes I even have to go to "more reply options" or "preview post" or my post is totally borked. I too have had problems with cut 'n paste. Or how about posting a long reply and you hit Add Reply, and the post disappears? A few times I've rewritten my post, other times I just said "aw (&*(*Y*(^%%" and gave up.

Guest So Called

I like how sometimes the cursor disappears in quick reply, and hitting enter has no effect. That's when I have to hit "more reply options."