asp buttons

Guest aspflower

Guest aspflower

Sir,I have a created a projt in asp,(in java script)where u have a delete buttons .My problem z whenever i click that button the relevant data is not getting deleted but its getting displayed in the list.I need a solution for deleting that particular record in the asp page that should not affect in the database...

Sir,I have a created a projt in asp,(in java script)where u have a delete buttons .My problem z whenever i click that button the relevant data is not getting deleted but its getting displayed in the list.I need a solution for deleting that particular record in the asp page that should not affect in the database...

First, display your records, and be sure when you click the delete button, you pass the record's unique ID as querystring data:
Dim Conn, RS, sqlConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")sql = "Select * From your_table"Conn.Open YourDSN    rs.open sql, Conn, 1, 1,    %>    <a href="delete.asp?ID=<%=RS("ID")%>">Delete</a> Other field data here<br>    <%    RS.CloseConn.Close

On another page, use this code to delete your record:

Dim Conn, RS, sqlSet Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")sql = "Delete * From your_table WHERE ID = " & request("ID")Conn.Open YourDSNSet RS = Conn.Execute(sql)Conn.Close