Help Please, Backround images and font face size errors

bagarjet

Hi, I hope anyone can help me correct my website: Essentially, when I preview in Safary or Firefox from Dreamweaver everything is perfect but after uploading to hostgator I find these errors: 1. Background images not showing.2. STONIN__ (font-face) text is too kinda bold when it should be regular.3. HoneyScript-Light (font-face) text is too big. My site is www.mensajeriadelcampo.com.ar (which is an add-on domain: public_html/mensajeriadelcampo/index.html) (please tell me if I need to give you more info)I atached a pdf from the illustrator to show how it should be mostly (although there might be some slight difference). Thanks very much in advance.

Sitio Mensajería del Campo3.2.pdf

• Like 1

The images are uploaded correctly to your server, I checked...However the name of the image is what is causing the image not to show up.mensajería-del-campo-areco-01.jpg That is *one* of the images that will not show up.Why you ask? Because images/mensajería-del-campo-areco-01.jpg does not exist. Seems impossible right? Well the i in Mensajeria isn't a normal i, it is a spanish special character. So the website is changing the í to %ed. How to fix this? Easy way would just be to change the í to a regular i, then reupload all the pictures to the server. You don't even have to change your css.

Edited by Krewe

Thanks Very much Krewe!! That's a typical mistake of mine. Being my native language spanish, I tend to put the accents.That part is solved! Now I have to solve the fonts problem.I used firefox v12 and iE v6 on a different notebook with windows xp and fonts are a mess.Tomorrow I'll try to find a solution. I'd be grateful if you gave me a hint.Thanks very much

Edited by bagarjet

Change the following css: #datos2 should be changed to:

#datos2 {font-family: HoneyScript-Light, cursive;font-size: 30px;line-height: 15px;}

#datos1 should be changed to:

#datos1 {position: absolute;left: 129px;top: 185px;width: 545px;font-family: HoneyScript-Light, cursive;font-size: 22px;}

That fixes the contact page (atleast in chrome)And then everything looks perfect to me.

Edited by Krewe

In the end the solution for the font problems was: 1 Changing the name of the font to caps and no spaces like this: HONEYSCRIPTLIGHT.TTF2 Make another css file for i.e. and use cursive font adapting sizes and positioning. Thanks Krewe

Just a side note: You might want to add a <title></title> tag in your head section. That way it doesn't say Untitled Document.