LEFT JOIN problem

kumpel

Hi I have the following script which seems to come up with an error all the time, I am doing something wrong I just dont know what, cxan someone help? <?phpmysql_connect ("localhost", "xxxx","xxxxx") or die (mysql_error());mysql_select_db ("xxxxxxxxx"); $sql_statement = "SELECT items.quantity". "FROM items LEFT JOIN orders". "ON items.CHECKOUT_ID=orders.CHECKOUT_ID". "ORDER BY orders.ORDER_ID"; $result = mysql_query($sql_statement) or die(mysql_error());while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row['quantity']. " ". $row['size']; echo "<br />";} ?>

showing the error is always helpful to us to help you and locate the problem specificaly."SELECT items.quantity"."FROM items LEFT JOIN orders"when you concatenate it makes string like this"SELECT items.quantityFROM items LEFT JOIN orders"use spaces in between and you dont need to concatenate those.

• Like 1

Sorry, here is the error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LEFT JOIN ordersON items.CHECKOUT_ID=orders.CHECKOUT_IDORDER BY orders.ORDER_ID' at line 1

$sql_statement = "SELECT items.quantityFROM items LEFT JOIN ordersON items.CHECKOUT_ID=orders.CHECKOUT_IDORDER BY orders.ORDER_ID";

try this. it should work.