Suggestions to get a job?

eduardar

Well, finally I found that place where I can concentrate me for 95%! (Since 5 days I live - temporary - in a parochy of a church!). Yesterday I applied for a job and today I got this reply (spanish!). I had to look at the 3 URL´s written and answer 4 questions!1 What do look negative on the 3 URL´s?2 What would you change on the pages?3 How would you do it?4 What-s your favorite page? (there´s 1 ###### website, NOT my favourite!) Suggestions please to get this job? Gracias por enviarnos Tu hoja de vida y ponerte en contacto con nosotros. Nuestro grupo administra hoy por hoy un grupo importante de negocios de basados en Internet y ha generado el desarrollo de una incubadora importante. A partir del primero de Noviembre iniciaremos la expansión de algunos negocios y se requiere la participación de dos personas adicionales para cubrir las necesidades de diseño y creatividad para los negocios. Como hemos recibido un número importante de hojas de vida, requerimos hacer una selección rápidamente, intentando encontrar las personas ideales con las que podamos encontrar ideas novedosas y creativas. Quiero invitarte a visitar tres de nuestros negocios modelo (MiLotero.com, MuyDiscreto.com y Pemcet.com), para que sobre ellos me des tus comentarios en referencia a: 1. Que ves negativo en las paginas?2. Que cambiarias en las paginas?3. Como lo harías?4. Cuál de los tres es para ti el más interesante? Son cuatro preguntas, sobre las cuales pretendemos evaluar varios aspectos que para nuestro equipo son importantes. No tienes que extenderte mucho en tu respuesta, lo más concreto posible. Quedo muy atento a tus comentarios. Gracias, David RubinsteinGo Shopping USA LLC.1111 Park Centre Blvd. Suite 105CMiami, Fl. 33169305-614-1190/1192 ext. 103

why don't you try that answering it yourself first? they are willing to know your point of view. as per designing concern each of us view and opinion will not be same. what do you think about those question?

eduardar, if you have coding skills, start a business of your own! In a global economy, everyone's self-employed any way!! All you really need is the ability to tell owners or decision makers about a powerful benefit they haven't heard before and you're hired!!

why don't you try that answering it yourself first? they are willing to know your point of view. as per designing concern each of us view and opinion will not be same. what do you think about those question?
I did!Estimado señor David Rubinstein:Estas son mis respuestas:http://www.milotero.com/- Mal diseño. Otros colores y fotos (HTML + CSS).http://www.muydiscreto.com/- Mal diseño. Otros colores y fotos (HTML + CSS). Más idiomas (español, alemán (?), francés (?)).http://www.pemcet.com/english/index.php- Mal diseño. Otros colores y fotos y video (HTML + CSS). Más idiomas (alemán (?), francés (?)).¡Esa es mi página favorita!AtentamenteEduard Lid

eduardar, if you have coding skills, start a business of your own! In a global economy, everyone's self-employed any way!! All you really need is the ability to tell owners or decision makers about a powerful benefit they haven't heard before and you're hired!!
Ok, thanks!

unfortunately i don't understand that language whatever it is.

You're welcome, but be careful. As soon as you allow yourself to talk about a familiar benefit you'll get mired in competition. Then, you'll hear them say "I'll get back with you", "let me think about it", or "can you do it for less?". Make it a point to talk about their business model. That's where the biggest opportunities are. If all you're discussing is code without an associated change in their business model, all you'll end up with is incremental change and a weak profit potential for you and for them. However, talk about code with an accompanying change in there business model and the sky's the limit!

The questions need to be answered with with more detail and maybe you can point out flaws in teh code, for example the first page has a <marquee> element which is invalid HTML. The questions were there for you to show your knowledge, if we answer them for you then your employers are going to expect more from you than you're able to give. If you're going to say "mal diseño" try explaining why. Which elements of the page are making it look wrong and why?

If you validated the first website you would find there's no <head>...</head> tag, elements closed wrong for the doctype used, invalid attributes used, two id ref used on same element, when there can only be one, block elements placed within inline elements and there's many more, all plainly pointed out by validation page.

Instead of telling them what language you will use to fix the site you should go in depth and tell them what elements you will change. What attributes will you apply in the CSS files? Etc. Any applicant can say "HTML + CSS". But if you want to be the odd man out who stands out, wow them by walking them through a step by step "Dummies Guide" to fixing the problems. Also, go indepth with what you don't like about the websites. Like dsone said, there are many things wrong with the code itself. I am certain this is what your employers are looking for, the design aspects are a lure to stop you from looking at the real problems. EDIT: Did any of you look at "Go Shopping USA LLC.'s" website?... It seriously made me mad using it.

Edited by Krewe

The questions need to be answered with with more detail and maybe you can point out flaws in teh code, for example the first page has a <marquee> element which is invalid HTML. The questions were there for you to show your knowledge, if we answer them for you then your employers are going to expect more from you than you're able to give. If you're going to say "mal diseño" try explaining why. Which elements of the page are making it look wrong and why?
Ok, many thanks!

If you validated the first website you would find there's no <head>...</head> tag, elements closed wrong for the doctype used, invalid attributes used, two id ref used on same element, when there can only be one, block elements placed within inline elements and there's many more, all plainly pointed out by validation page.
Ok, many thanks!

Instead of telling them what language you will use to fix the site you should go in depth and tell them what elements you will change. What attributes will you apply in the CSS files? Etc. Any applicant can say "HTML + CSS". But if you want to be the odd man out who stands out, wow them by walking them through a step by step "Dummies Guide" to fixing the problems. Also, go indepth with what you don't like about the websites. Like dsone said, there are many things wrong with the code itself. I am certain this is what your employers are looking for, the design aspects are a lure to stop you from looking at the real problems. EDIT: Did any of you look at "Go Shopping USA LLC.'s" website?... It seriously made me mad using it.
Ok, many thanks!