how do you insert a media player?

SnakesBite101

hey guys i have 2 questions about inserting a media player onto a html page. i know html5 has made this very easy with including its own player but: 1) if i wanted to display an embedded video from lets say youtube or a streaming site. what is the code and elements to insert/embed the player onto my page? 2) In the past i've seen site pages display a windows media player. it wasnt embedding from another website so im guessing it was from their own hard drive/site folder?? if i want to display one of my own windows media videos on my page how do i go about doing this? i dont actually have a site, im just trying to gather up all the html skills i would need to make a decent site. thanks all

EX:
<embed src="myVideo.wmv">

-OR-

<object width='300' height='300' data='myVideo.wmv'></object> 

hey thanks CodeName. i wondered if i could ask another unrelated question. i used a <table> to make a horizontal navigation bar and it works fine, each <td> heading is clickable, but i tried to add a drop down menu to my last heading and it doesnt seem to display the drop down list. i have my code please can you or anyone else tell me why it's not working: <td><ul><li><a class="menunav" href="">FORUMS</a><ul><li>Movie Discussion</li><li>Multi Media</li><li>Teck Talk</li><li>Gaming Discussion</li><li>Everything Else</li></ul></li></ul></td></tr></table> thanks Edited by SnakesBite101

What drop down menu are you talking about? The only thing i see there, is <UL> (un-ordered list), which is just an 'ordinary menu' (list of items). A 'Drop-down menu' is created with <select> tag.

Edited by CodeName

What drop down menu? The only thing i see there, is <UL> (un-ordered list), which is a list of items. A drop down menu is created with <select> tag.
ohhh?? i made another topic about this and asked how it was done, by a <select> or list tag... i guess ive been confusing myself for 2 long on this one:(( its the last paragraph i thinkhttp://w3schools.inv...showtopic=43789 Edited by SnakesBite101