Searching Specific Member’s postings in Thread

amitamberker

Hello Founders, Technical Team and Moderators,I think there should an Option into the each thread so that we could see specific member’s back and forth postings (replies) which would be very Helpful and Useful. Currently we have to keep toggling with scroll bar and pages if it’s more than 2 page to refer earlier posts.However, please find the attached “Proposed Design To Incorporate.png” file for your reference.I request you to consider this proposal and implement at the earliest convenience.Thank you.

there is option for that already. if you visit anyone's profile there you can find a option to find there contribuution in forums. though as far i know now this function is not working for problem in board search engine.

I sent a pm some time ago at the suggestion of jsg. I requested that full search functionality be restored.

W3Schools did not make the forum software. If you have any complaints or suggestions about the forum software you have to sent it to http://www.invisionpower.com/
Hi Ingolme,Oh!... I see... So, should I try to contact them from their Contact Us page?

It's there, but it not as useful as the buttons suggest. I sent a pm some time ago at the suggestion of jsg. I requested that full search functionality be restored.
Hi niche, No. It's not there and hence I opened this thread. To whom did you sent the request? Edited by creative1977

there is option for that already. if you visit anyone's profile there you can find a option to find there contribuution in forums. though as far i know now this function is not working for problem in board search engine.
Hi birbal, Here I am NOT referring about "Member's Contribution in Forums"... Edited by creative1977

Sorry creative1977. That pm isn't part of my profile any more.

Sorry creative1977. That pm isn't part of my profile any more.
Hi niche,Okie, no worries. Thanks for the info.

Here I am NOT referring about "Member's Contribution in Forums"...
what i meant was member contribution in forums is topic/post created by members

what i meant was member contribution in forums is topic/post created by members
Hi birbal,Yes, I know. I understood what you mean. But this thread is not about that topic. What you are saying is totally different. It has to do nothing with this thread. I request you to please click the following link and read it again AND also please download and see the attachment file:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=43918&view=findpost&p=243834

• 3 weeks later...
W3Schools did not make the forum software. If you have any complaints or suggestions about the forum software you have to sent it to http://www.invisionpower.com/
Hi Ingolme,So, should I contact "InvisionPower" from their Contact Us page?

Yes. I can't guarantee they'll listen.
Hi Ingolme,Thanks for your response. Okie. Then I shall Go-Ahead and try to contact "InvisionPower" from their Contact Us page. Let's hope that they'll listen.

Hi Ingolme, Thanks for your response. Okie. Then I shall Go-Ahead and try to contact "InvisionPower" from their Contact Us page. Let's hope that they'll listen.I am into http://www.invisionpower.com/company/contact.php now... So, to whom should I send? Sales Department or Billing Departmnet? Because Technical Support is not there???...

Guest So Called

They probably support only paid customers. In other words you will probably have to convince the owner of this forum to contact them on your behalf.

They probably support only paid customers. In other words you will probably have to convince the owner of this forum to contact them on your behalf.
Hi So Called,Makes sense... Alrighty, pointed noted. But let me try to to contact them from their - http://www.invisionpower.com/company/contact.php . Just thinking whom should I reach among Sales Department or Billing Department? Perhaps they might direct my Query to their concerned Department. By the way who is the Owner of this Forum? I have no idea if I would be successful in convincing the owner of this forum to contact them on my behalf BUT I can try to do it.

Guest So Called

I don't understand how your issue could be related to sales or billing, unless you're a potential or present customer. Technically the site is owned by InvisionZone, the same people who write the forum software IP.Board. They host forums using their forum software as part of their business. But you probably want to know who has control of the forum, not who owns the domain name. I presume that W3Schools operates the forum and is InvisionZone's actual customer. Looking at W3Schools "about" page doesn't give much information about who owns W3Schools. You can look up their domain registration by plugging in "w3schools.com" into their domain registrar: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp There doesn't seem to be much information available and I presume that's because the owner wants it that way. I think you're just wasting time if you want to have the forum software changed. However it's your time to waste. If it's just some setting that could be changed then you might contact a forum administrator, but it looks to me like forum administrators aren't very active in the operation of the forum. From what I read they don't even seem to be very responsive to the forum's moderators. I take this forum under the basis that "it is what it is" and since it's free I figure the choice is to either use it "as is" or go somewhere else. Or both. I think you're wasting your time.

I don't understand how your issue could be related to sales or billing, unless you're a potential or present customer. Technically the site is owned by InvisionZone, the same people who write the forum software IP.Board. They host forums using their forum software as part of their business. But you probably want to know who has control of the forum, not who owns the domain name. I presume that W3Schools operates the forum and is InvisionZone's actual customer.
The W3Schools admins don't have the power to fix the search feature. This is a problem with Invision's software/servers, both of which are under Invisionzone's sole control.
Looking at W3Schools "about" page doesn't give much information about who owns W3Schools. You can look up their domain registration by plugging in "w3schools.com" into their domain registrar: http://www.networkso...whois/index.jsp There doesn't seem to be much information available and I presume that's because the owner wants it that way.
There used to be more information on the site, including emails, but I'm guessing they got overwhelmed with emails asking for assistance (that in spite of the existence of this forum).There's still this email if you want to contact the owners:mail_w3schools.gif
I think you're just wasting time if you want to have the forum software changed. However it's your time to waste. If it's just some setting that could be changed then you might contact a forum administrator, but it looks to me like forum administrators aren't very active in the operation of the forum. From what I read they don't even seem to be very responsive to the forum's moderators. I take this forum under the basis that "it is what it is" and since it's free I figure the choice is to either use it "as is" or go somewhere else. Or both. I think you're wasting your time.
It's not an admin setting, I can tell you that.

blah… blah… blah… I think you're just wasting time if you want to have the forum software changed. However it's your time to waste. blah… blah… blah… blah… blah… blah… I think you're wasting your time.
Hi So Called, NO. I am not wasting my time. I am trying to “MAKE A DIFFERENCE”. I am trying to “HELP”. I am trying to “CONTRUBUTE” my point of views.
There's still this email if you want to contact the owners: (Email ID's Image File)
Hi boen_robot, Thank you.
It sounds like the OP wants Invizion to fix the forum software. Good luck with that.
Hi So Called,Thank you... Edited by creative1977

Guest So Called

What I meant is that I think they will ignore your request. I'll be surprised if you get anything other than some form reply.

What I meant is that I think they will ignore your request. I'll be surprised if you get anything other than some form reply.
Hi So Called, Oh! Okie. Gotch you. Currently there is NO OPTION in this thread (or other related thread) to Filter-Out only Your Messages (or other specific member’s) replies. Hopefully they might consider my request if I show them the Screenshot File and if I could convenience them to implement it. By the way did you see the attached “Proposed Design To Incorporate.png” file in #1? Edited by creative1977