PHP Min Max

sunziun

Hello Everyone, right now I am trying to do an small app that can calculate fees based on the price a user has given. Example: $0.01 - $0.99 = $0.09$1 - $5.99 = $0.13$99 or more = $1.34 So far I have this code but I cannot get it to work properly:

if($start < 1.00){	    echo "<p>" . $ins_fees[0] . $sym . $ins_fees[1] . "</p>";		 // FURTHER CALCULATION    }		 if($start == 1.00){	    echo "<p>" . $ins_fees[0] . $sym . $ins_fees[2] . "</p>";		 // FURTHER CALCULATION    } else{	    if($start > 1){		    echo "<p>" . $ins_fees[0] . $sym . $ins_fees[2] . "</p>";		 // FURTHER CALCULATION	    }    } 

thanks for everyone!

What error messages are you getting? Many errors are possible.

You have a condition for each price range From 0 to 0.99: (price < 1) fee = 0.09From 1.00 to 5.99: (price >= 1 && price < 6) fee = 0.1399 or above: (price >= 99) fee = 1.34

I dont get any error message, I just dont know to do this simple calculation via php!?

Guest So Called
$0.01 - $0.99 = $0.09$1 - $5.99 = $0.13$99 or more = $1.34
if ($amount >= 0.01 && $amount <= 0.99) $fee = 0.09;elseif ($amount <= 5.99) $fee = 0.13;elseif ($amount >= 99) $fee = $1.34;

Note that you have some gaps that you will want to fill in. Note also that it is not necessary to test in the second line for > .99 because the first line will have caught that and the second line will not execute. (Beware the $0.00 problem.) If I were writing the code I would structure it a bit differently:

if ($amount < 0.01) $fee = 0;elseif ($amount < 1.00) $fee = 0.09;elseif ($amount < 6.00) $fee = 0.13;elseif ($amount < 99.00) $fee = ....;else $fee = $1.34;

I'm sure you get the idea.

Hello, unfortunately none is working. I have a form which the user enters his amount. Based on that the result.php page should calculate and display the fees applicable. I was playing with range() but I cant find out how to implement the $amount variable.

if(range($amount, 0.99, $step) ) echo $fee=0.00;elseif(range($amount,4.99,$step)) echo $fee=0.09;

it displays only a 0 (zero) even when i put in amount of 4.50

Guest So Called

In my example I used $amount. Evidently you used $start. It's the amount of the transaction, no matter what you call it. It's the value you are looking up to get the fee.

I got it now and this works like a charm

if($start > 0.00 && $start < 1.00) $fee=0.09;	    elseif($start > 0.99 && $start < 5.00) $fee=0.13;	    else echo $fee=1.34;

@ So Called the zero problem will be controlled by a minimum form validation of 0.01.

Archived