Need some help with DIV tags and scrollbar

gekoo

Hi I’ve recently started studying DIV in school and I’m currently working on an update for my dads company page which I made myself last year. The whole site is in tables but I want to change it into to DIV.I’ve encountered a problem with height 100% and DIV tags. If it’s tables it still keeps it at 100% when you scroll down but they stay the same on DIV ;(. Bummer as it is. Can someone take a look at my code to see what I have missed or so.I’ve also tried with overlay but I only get an scrollbar where I don’t want it (in between left_opacy and right_opacy). I want left_opacy and right_opacy to stay 100% and everything else be able to scroll down.

body, html{height:100%;margin:0px;padding:0px;}#container{width:974px;height:100%;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;}#left_opacy{width:12px;height:100%;margin:0;float:left;}#center{width:950px;height:100%;background-color:#FFFFFF;float:left;}#right_opacy{width:12px;height:100%;float:left;}#head{width:936px;height:210px;margin:7px 7px 0px 7px;background-color:#999;float:left;}#menu{width:936px;height:27px;margin:7px 7px 0px 7px;background-color:#999;float:left;}#content{width:936px;margin:7px 7px 0px 7px;padding:0;background-color:#999;float:left;}#foot{width:936px;height:16px;margin:7px 7px 7px 7px;background-color: #00F;float:left;}

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title>Test sida222</title><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stil.css"/></head> <body><div id="container">  <div id="left_opacy">   </div>   <div id="center">	<div id="head">	test text	</div>  	<div id="menu">	test text	</div>  	<div id="content">	  <p>asd</p>	  <p>sdfg</p>	  <p>dg</p>	  <p>g</p>	  <p>nh</p>	  <p>gf</p>	  <p>fds</p>	  <p>as</p>	  <p>nh</p>	  <p>g</p>	  <p>s</p>	  <p>asd</p>	  <p>dh</p>	  <p>j	  </p>	  <p>md</p>	  <p>vbd</p>	  <p>f</p>	</div>     	<div id="foot">	</div>    </div>   <div id="right_opacy">  </div></div></body></html>

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...