My Personal Website - 90% Done

Krewe

I think this part of your site would be better off as an ordered list:

1. CVHS Book Database 2. Leaf River Resources3. Surf Shack Yogurt
I think your site's good. I don't have a designer's eye, so I can't get into detail about it. Keep an eye out for typing mistakes like here:http://www.codekrewe.com/design.php
Your website should be just as unique as you business

I think this part of your site would be better off as an ordered list: I think your site's good. I don't have a designer's eye, so I can't get into detail about it. Keep an eye out for typing mistakes like here:http://www.codekrewe.com/design.php
Thanks. I'm going to proof read everything today. I didn't yesterday because I was dead tired.Thanks Foxy.

your button at the bottom is broken, might want to fix that, besides that everything look good, i like that background you have pretty nice

Looks very nice, Krewe. Just a few really nitpicky things I noticed though. :P On the home page with the three large icons:- The hover state for the web development icon (the computer) seems out of place compared to the other two because the whole thing turns yellow, while only parts of the other two turn yellow.- The "hover zone" for the first two icons seems rather large and misplaced. The third icon only changes state when you cross the border of the black circle. The others seem to have extended borders. On the contact page, the submit button should have the cursor change to a pointer. (Told you they were really nitpicky. Though, when a site is really well done, you have to be nitpicky... ^_^ ) This was tested in FF

Looks very nice, Krewe. Just a few really nitpicky things I noticed though. :P On the home page with the three large icons:- The hover state for the web development icon (the computer) seems out of place compared to the other two because the whole thing turns yellow, while only parts of the other two turn yellow.- The "hover zone" for the first two icons seems rather large and misplaced. The third icon only changes state when you cross the border of the black circle. The others seem to have extended borders. On the contact page, the submit button should have the cursor change to a pointer. (Told you they were really nitpicky. Though, when a site is really well done, you have to be nitpicky... ^_^ ) This was tested in FF
I'll answer in order :P 1) I'm still trying to find a fix for that... The other two images are much nicer looking when not all orange, there are specific sections where you can easily change the color to look like. The computer image is just one big blob basically :P so it is hard to make it not all orange, but I do agree with you. I've been messing around to fix that. (VERY small issue so it's priority is low ;P) 2) I'll fix that right now, didn't even notice it. 3) That is do to the fact I am using width not margin. It was just easier that way. But I can switch to margin if you really want ;) --------------- EDIT:Do you see the button that isn't working that DD pointed out? I have no idea. Edited by Krewe

1) I'm still trying to find a fix for that... The other two images are much nicer looking when not all orange, there are specific sections where you can easily change the color to look like. The computer image is just one big blob basically :P so it is hard to make it not all orange, but I do agree with you. I've been messing around to fix that. (VERY small issue so it's priority is low ;P)
Yeah I was kind of tossing some idea around for that myself. What if you added an image or some text to the computer screen and turn that orange? Like maybe that character that appears at the top of most pages (and in the middle icon).
2) I'll fix that right now, didn't even notice it.
Seems you answered out of order...:P as I'm assuming you're referring to the submit button (which is the third thing I mentioned)
3) That is do to the fact I am using width not margin. It was just easier that way. But I can switch to margin if you really want
Margins would make it look more professional, IMO.
Do you see the button that isn't working that DD pointed out? I have no idea.
No, I do not.

Yeah I was kind of tossing some idea around for that myself. What if you added an image or some text to the computer screen and turn that orange? Like maybe that character that appears at the top of most pages (and in the middle icon). Seems you answered out of order... :P as I'm assuming you're referring to the submit button (which is the third thing I mentioned) Margins would make it look more professional, IMO. No, I do not.
That's what I get for answering questions sick -.-Thanks bud.

Button at the bottom? Everything works on the footer.
viewing it in IE and Chrome its broken on my end, anyway im just letting you know

viewing it in IE and Chrome its broken on my end, anyway im just letting you know
Nothing is broken in IE or Chrome... I test my sites in Opera, Chrome, Firefox, iPhone Safari and IE.So if you could explain or better yet screenshot the problem I'll see what I can do. Edited by Krewe

I really like the design. The only thing I would add is probably my "personal preference" but in the footer where you have "new news" I would put "latest news" if that is what you intend, just rolls of the tounge better , well at least it does with my accent :crazy:

• 3 weeks later...

Just to answer the last two comments.The three sections on the bottom aren't supposed to be "professionally" named... "Will work for Money" - Not "Professionally" Named || "Mommy Look!" - Nope || "New News" - Nada

• 1 month later...

Wow - a lot of comments here.Just adding a note about target market and your competition. I can see you are selling Web Design services - so maybe first of all look at other sites which sell the same service. Your website is your shop window! Would you buy from their site on face value or would you buy from yours. It's a nice easy test! The aim of course is to attract them to yours.

Edited by pink squid