line height adjustment

jimfog

I have a form-here is the code:

<div id="formcontainer">   <form  action="register_new.php" method="post">   	   <label>Name:</label><span class="asterisk">*</span><input name="name" type="text" size="40" /></br>  	    <label>Phone:</label><span class="asterisk">*</span><input name="phone" type="text" size="40" /><br> 	    <label>Username/e-mail:</label><span class="asterisk">*</span><input name="username/e-mail" type="text" size="40" /></br>  	    <label>Password:</label><span class="asterisk">*</span><input name="password" type="text" size="40" /></br>	    <input name="submit" type="submit" /></form></div>

I want to adjust its line height,the problem is that by doing so,in the css rule(formcontainer) every single element is affected.What I want-for example- is to increase the space between the input name="name" and the label phone but NOT between a label and an in input element. I want the labels with their corresponding inputs packed together and at the same time the label-input pairs separated each other(increased line height). I hope I did not confused you.

• Like 1

Yes fieldset will do the trick. Is this the way usually elements of a form are grouped?