CSS: Cannot change the body font size

NJC

Hoping a CSS guru/pundit/expert/tech-head can help on this.weblog url: http://www.musomablog.comI am using a vicksburg style as per under:

/* Created using the Movable Type Style Generator <http://styles.movalog.com/generator/> *//* $Id: base-weblog.css 14515 2005-07-12 00:01:26Z mpaschal $ */
I find the font size to be a bit to big. I would like to reduce to something equivalent to 8pt or 10pt.I tried changing the font size under the 'body' section:
body{margin: 0;/* setting border: 0 hoses ie5 win window inner well border */padding: 0;font-family: verdana, 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif;font-size: 10px;}
Then ran through the:|save & rebuild||rebuild site| (for added measure!)|clear browser cache|then reload the page.Nada, nyet, non, no, zilch, ahn-ahn, No-goThe font size does not change. Why not?Is there something I need to check, which may be stopping this?Hoping someone can help.

Yeah you most likely also have properties for the p tag and the text is probably using these properties instead.EDIT Yeah after now taking a look at your css file Little goat is right your body section in the CSS file has the comment tags all messed up.

LG and John,Thanks for responding.Actually what happened was that I noticed two sets of the |body| tags and tried to comment out one to see if that worked. It, obviously didnt. So for added measure, i commented out both without any visible effect on the page.I have taken the /**/ out from both and still no change.John,you refer to the <p> tags. where would I (apologies for being a dork on CSS!!) look for and check on this??Appreciate your help guys!

Mystery! :) The font has changed size. Now all I need to do is work out which font style this is and try and find out how I can tighten up the letters. Seems so spaced out right now.I think I'll hit W3Schools for a crash course on CSS.Thanks for your help in the meantime, LG and John and of course, W3Schools.