start session

Craig Hopson

hi I use sessions now and then i get this error

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_53ff81c3601f65a11a9026a079284d89, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/chsitesc/public_html/test/index.php on line 2Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/chsitesc/public_html/test/index.php:2) in /home/chsitesc/public_html/test/index.php on line 2Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/chsitesc/public_html/test/index.php:2) in /home/chsitesc/public_html/test/config.php on line 14
once i get this error the only way to get rid is to delete a cookie called PHPSESSID with value of = 53ff81c3601f65a11a9026a079284d89. what is this error why do i get (not often)?

You probably have not correct permission for write or read or both in tmp folder where session data is being stored

It doesn't really matter what your other sites are doing, the first error message says that PHP does not have permission to open the file in the tmp directory. That sounds like a server setup problem.