Community Effort: Slideshow

DarkxPunk

Hey everyone! Now I know, if you search on the web you can find 101+ tutorials, and prebuilt slideshow JSs. The problems I have with these all are simple.

1. They are targeted towards either A: Complete JS idiots who want something done for them -or- B: Absolute JS pros
  2. The tutorials are not targeted at the amateur JSer like myself
  3. They are not simple to manage/customize (At least most I have found)

Now first I searched on these forums for a Slideshow JS thread to maybe learn with someone. Sadly it does not exist...so lets make it happen! Here is my proposal, we as the W3Schools Forum community make a Slideshow JS which follows these characteristics:

1. Is not compiled, you must go through the tutorial to learn how to make it (Great for amateur JSers like myself)
  2. Is a tutorial, made for amateur JSers (No overly complicated libraries and jQuery stuff)
  3. Is completely customizable through CSS (Thats one thing I hate about most Slideshow JS on the web, they are ugly and complicated to customize)
  4. Is cross-browser compatible (Including IE6 if able)
  5. Must have a slide transition hence 'slide'show
  6. Is built step by step by the community here!

(Characteristics will be updated as needed) So whose with me? Now I will not start the script because honestly I have no idea where to start, I really am a amateur JSer. Lets see who starts. *P.S. I will update this post as this thread progresses and will cite where needed.*

1. Is not compiled, you must go through the tutorial to learn how to make it (Great for amateur JSers like myself)
  2. Is a tutorial, made for amateur JSers (No overly complicated libraries and jQuery stuff)
  3. Is completely customizable through CSS (Thats one thing I hate about most Slideshow JS on the web, they are ugly and complicated to customize)
  4. Is cross-browser compatible (Including IE6 if able)
  5. Must have a slide transition hence 'slide'show
  6. Is built step by step by the community here!

Compiled? Do you mean compressed / obfuscated? I would not mind a slight transition effect as long as it is quick and not distracting.

Too many iphone imitators -- some people even want the image to bounce to a stop like a basketball. No thanks. A title and description field above or below the photo would be good. Some displayed EXIF data would be good.