Linkedin contact list using php

rahultailwal

Hi, I am trying to get the contact list of a linkedin account using a php script. What i want is to make a login form in php where user will submit his email id and password for linkedin and then i have to fetch the contact list for this account. Is there any one has some idea about this. Thanks,

It don't think either linkedin will let you use their user password or your user will reveal their linkedin credential ay third party site.. it is not a good idea and is considered as security risk. You should use their api to get information about their user and get authenticated.

if you directly enter the login credential you must have to pass it to the location where linkedin processing it. you can use http://php.net/curl to send login credential to that location and can parse the return document using http://php.net/dom to get the contact list. but AGAIN it is not the correct way of doing this. you should have stick with their API they should have the option to get contact list. what is the problem with their API?

Guest So Called

Is this your own Linkedin account or is it somebody else's account, like for example somebody visiting a site you are creating?

Is this your own Linkedin account or is it somebody else's account, like for example somebody visiting a site you are creating?
yes somebody else will visit my site and then login to his linkedin from my site and i will fetch his all connection data. Edited by rahultailwal

How is the visitor going to do that without revealing his password to you?
They use OAuth