Editing data problem....

tshing70

I was trying to edit form data using php, when i click the edit text, it show me the edit form, but the input text show me <? echo and does't show me the information that i wish to edit....what is the error below the code?? listing.php code<CENTER><?php$con = mysql_connect ("localhost","root","");if (!$con){die('Could not connect: ' .mysql_error());}mysql_select_db("member_db", $con); $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM newmember"); echo "<table border='1'><tr><th>Id</th><th>Name</th><th>Gender</th><th>DOB</th><th>Address</th><th>State</th><th>Is Member</th></tr>"; while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)){echo "<tr>";echo "<td>" . $row['P_Id'] ."</td>";echo "<td>" . $row['Name'] ."</td>";echo "<td>" . $row['Gender'] ."</td>";echo "<td>" . $row['Dob'] ."</td>";echo "<td>" . $row['Address'] . "</td>";echo "<td>" . $row['State'] . "</td>";echo "<td>" . $row['Ismember'] . "</td>";echo ("<td><a href=\"edit.php?id=$row[P_Id]\">Edit</a></td>");echo ("<td><a href=\"delete.php?id=$row[P_Id]\">Delete</a></td></tr>");}echo "</table>"; mysql_close($con);?></CENTER> Edit.php code<html><head><title>Edit Form</title></head><body><table><tr><td align="center">EDIT DATA</td></tr><tr><td><table border="1"><?$con = mysql_connect("localhost","root","");if (!$con){die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());} mysql_select_db("member_db", $con); $id=$_GET['id'];$order = "SELECT * FROM newmember WHERE P_Id=$id";$result = mysql_query($order);$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);?> <form method="Post" action="update.php"><input type="hidden" name="id" value="<? echo "row['P_Id']"?><tr><td>Name</td><td><input type="text" name="name" value="<? echo "$row['Name']"?></td></tr><tr><td>Gender</td><td><input type="text" name="gender" value="<? echo "$row['Gender']"?></td></tr><tr><td>Address</td><td><input type="text" name="address" value="<? echo "$row['Address']"?></td></tr><tr><td>DOB</td><td><input type="text" name="dob" value="<? echo "$row['Dob']"?></td></tr><tr><td>State</td><td><input type="text" name="state" value="<? echo "$row['State']"?></td></tr><tr><td align="right"><input type = "submit" name="submit value" value="Edit"></td></tr></form></table></td></tr></table></body></html> UPDATE.php<? $con = mysql_connect ("localhost","root","");if (!$con){die('Could not connect: ' .mysql_error());}mysql_select_db("member_db", $con); $order = "UPDATE newmember SET name='$name', gender='$gender', address='$address', dob='$dob', state='$state', WHERE P_Id=$id";mysql_query($order);header("location:listing.php");?> i sorry about the long code, appreciated you guys finish reading it....thank a lot :Pleased:

Edited by tshing70

<input type="hidden" name="id" value="<? echo "row['P_Id']"?>
<input type="hidden" name="id" value="<?php echo row['P_Id'];?>">you should use <?php rather than <? short hand syntax is not enabled in all server.also there is problem with quotes,you should terminate each statement using semicolon not relate to your problem but you should change it:when you echo a variable you need not to quote ityou should not use tables to layout. use table to show only tabular data. use box modeling to layout a page Edited by birbal

Well.....when i add <?php echo row['P_Id'];?>"> full of this.....it show me this funny wordParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in C:\wamp\www\edit.php on line 33

did you make change in all of the code? you have to close all the statements whereever you left it open. same with short hand syntax.