Connect vb.NET application with a MySQL Database

Hi guys,I want to create a vb.net application with a login.I want that the login verify the username and password with a table witch contains all usernames and passwords of all members and if the login found a correspondence with the table, I want that the login connect the user at the application.In the next form, I want that the application show some 'informations' like Name, E-mail, ... for the user that is logged in.I have try a lot of code, but none was working correctly.What can I do for make this 'simple' application? Best regards,Francesco

• 3 weeks later...
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/
    'Practicum 2    Public cnnMySQL As New ADODB.Connection    Public RS As New ADODB.Recordset    Public MysqlCharset As String = "UTF8"    Public Sub ConnectMy(ByVal dbName As String, ByVal DbUser As String, ByVal DbPass As String)	    On Error GoTo ado2	    Dim MySqlHost As String = "127.0.0.1"	    'MySqlHost = "localhost"	    cnnMySQL.CursorLocation = ADODB.CursorLocationEnum.adUseClient	    cnnMySQL.Open("Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};Server=" & MySqlHost & ";Database=" & dbName & "; User=" & DbUser & ";Password='" & DbPass & "';Option=3;")	    Exit Subado2:	    MsgBox("Error Please Check !?!" & MySqlHost & " * " & Err.Description, vbOKOnly)	    'MsgBox()	    End    End Sub-----------------------------------...Onload...ConnectMy("dbName", "DbUser", "dbPassword")