Quick Question

Cearl

This is a question about the certificates, when i get the certificate is it required to get a supervisor or just recommended for authenticity? Also just wanted to say how great this site is! i have learn A LOT! and i mean A LOT!, Thanks w3!,Aaron

"To add full credibility to your Certificate, you should have a supervisor to watch over you when taking the exam.You must pick your own supervisor.The supervisor should be used to see that you do not cheat. There are no other special criteria for the supervisor.The supervisor's name and title will be printed on the certificate, so it could be wise to pick a supervisor who will add credibility to your certificate (e.g. your boss or teacher).When you receive the hardcopy of the Certificate, you should ask for a signature from your supervisor." is what i mean is the supervisor needed?

All questions regarding certificates should be sent to the source: mail_exam.gif.AFAIK, it's not "required", but without a supervisor, the certificate is pretty much useless.

it is for authentication. w3schools will just take the exam and serve you the certificates and probably does not take the reponsibility you are cheating or not. it is the signature of person make that authenticated. so that person should have enough authority to make your certificate authenticated when you show to any employee.

If you currently work for a (semi-)popular web design/development company, your boss is a good pick.That, or a respected web design/development teacher. You can count any college or university teacher with a title above "assistant" to be such a figure by default. The older, the better (as the chances of employees knowing him increase).

Then you don't really need a certificate. Most clients aren't interested in that, but are instead interested in seeing a portfolio. Do some work for free (at least once; ideally for a friend or relative), and then show off the site when you advertise yourself to potential clients.The certificate is only interesting to employers, who need assurance that you don't just make stuff that looks good, but that you actually know what you're doing.