Link showing through

rogerio

I am having trouble with links showing through the background of a .css text area as if it were transparent. Here is the .css and the .html is below. The idea is the text area until the mouse is moved over the link and it comes into view with the text entered.EDIT: One more thing, if I try to use the scroll bar button, it drags the text area.thanks... .CSS

.scroll a{position:relative;}/* set stacking context -*//* Note that opera has a nasty bug and requires the anchor to hidden with top:-999em and not visibility or display*/.scroll a, .example2 a{text-decoration:none;}.scroll a span{top:-999em;/* hide message initially*/position:absolute;left:400px;width:400px;height:200px;overflow:scroll;padding:5px;background:#000090;color:#ffffff;border:2px inset #808000;text-decoration:none;}.scroll a:hover{visibility:visible}/* ie bug needed to make span show*/.scroll a:hover span{top:-20px;}

HTML:

<div class="scroll"><a href="">John 10:17-18<span id="Jesus">John 10 (NKJV)<br>17 “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.<br>18 “No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I havereceived from My Father.” ></span></a></div><div class="scroll"><a href="">John 15:13<span id="Jesus">John 15 (NKJV)<br>13 “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.></span></div>

Edited by rogerio