Help finding error in small script

beennn

Could use a hand finding what i've done wrong in this script Script:

<?phpmysql_connect('####', '####', '####') or die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());mysql_select_db('####') or die('Could not select database'); $username = $_POST['username'];$password = $_POST['password'];$sql="SELECT * FROM 'accounts' WHERE username='$username' and password='$password'";$result=mysql_query($sql); $count=mysql_num_rows($result);   if($count==1){   echo "Login successful";    } else {     echo "Login failed";     }?>

Error:

( ! ) Notice: Undefined index: username in C:\wamp\www\_#\display.php on line 5Call Stack# Time Memory Function Location1 0.0003 676216 {main}( ) ..\display.php:0( ! ) Notice: Undefined index: password in C:\wamp\www\_#\display.php on line 6Call Stack# Time Memory Function Location1 0.0003 676216 {main}( ) ..\display.php:0( ! ) Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\wamp\www\_#\display.php on line 11Call Stack# Time Memory Function Location1 0.0003 676216 {main}( ) ..\display.php:02 0.0116 683696 mysql_num_rows ( ) ..\display.php:11Login failed

Edited by beennn

it depends on your form name, like say if you have a field looking like this <input type"text" name"krazzz" /> then the $_POST[] ill be $_POST['krazzz']

Using single quotes or double is the same thing basically with the above; no difference. Undefined index means there is nothing in the super global $_POST array with an index named username which could be from the username input name attribute of the form that is submitting to the above script is not identical to: $_POST['username']; So for example, if you have this in your form: Username:<input type"text" name"usrname" /> and then have this: $_POST['username']; in your PHP script, you're going to get the Undefined index error. That is why I asked what your HTML form looks like.

Edited by Don E

Oh ok, thank you both. I would have posted but im not using html for posting lol. In the process of setting up a login checker inside of unity. Wanted to know where I was going wrong, looks like i've gone wrong in unity. Thanks for the help