When is it time to Move onto PHP

SnakesBite101

hey guys. W3schools has taught me everything i know. after HTML, they advised CSS, then Javascript. Even though i find JS hard, i believe i have past the beginner level, but still Im just not satisfied with my skill with JS yet. i have stalled. i don't believe im progressing anymore. w3schools advised PHP after JS. An old friend of mine said Javascript is better learned AFTER or with PHP but not by itself. He's reasoning is i need server stuff to work with. That if i learn JS alone, there are certain aspects of JS I won't be able to put into practise, it will just be memory knowledge i.e AJAX... that will eventually become impossible to progress. but if i learnt PHP, i will now be able to learn things like ajax and jQuery and put my knowledge of them into practical use, and not just remember what i read. I never thought learning php before JS was an option, or even together. My progress has stalled so i wonder if what he's saying is true, or is it too much to learn all of these things mentioned together?

PHP is much more important than Javascript. Both PHP and Javascript are programming languages and therefore much more complex than HTML or CSS.

PHP is much more important than Javascript. Both PHP and Javascript are programming languages and therefore much more complex than HTML or CSS.
in your opinion could u please tell me which 1 is better to learn 1st. php or Javascript? also is learning HTML5 a lot harder to learn than 4?

I believe it's better to learn PHP first. HTML 5 is just HTML 4 with a few more tags. (A lot of people mix Javascript and CSS3 but that is not HTML and shouldn't be labeled that way). The purpose of HTML 5 is, among other things, to improve the semantic web. Learn about when to use each tag. A lot of HTML 5 tags don't do anything visible, they are there to give meaning to the content within then for machines like search engines or screen readers.