ImageCreateFromPNG

36pixels

Hi, I am trying to learn php and when I feel i understand a concept I like to try it out by writing a script or two. I am currently attempting to create an image on the fly, like a button. I kept receiving the message:Warning: imagecreatefrompng(red-button.png) [function.imagecreatefrompng]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory. Then I commented line no. 15 and line no. 43 and added the line 44:header("content-type:image/png.jpeg."); But now I get the error : Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in I:\xampp\htdocs\test\button\make_button.php on line 21Could someone please take a look at this for me and tell me what you think I've done wrong?? I would really appreciate it, I've looked at it until my eyes have about gone on strike. Here is the code:

<form name ="button" action ="make_button.php" method="post"><input type ="text" name = "button_text"> <p><label><input type="radio" name="color" value="red" id="red">Red</label> <label><input type="radio" name="color" value="green" id="green">Green</label> <input type="radio" name="color" id="blue" value="blue">Blue</label></p> <input type ="submit" name ="submit" value ="CREATE!"></form> <?php$button_text=$_POST['button_text'];$color=$_POST['color']; if(empty($button_text)||empty($color)){echo 'Could not create image - form not filled out correctly';exit;} $im=imagecreatefrompng('\button'.$color.'-button.png'); $width_image=imagesx($im);$height_image=imagesx($im); $width_image_wo_margins=$width_image-(2*18);$height_image_wo_margins=$height_image-(2*18); $font_size=33; //putenv('GDFONTPATH=C:\WINDOWS\Fonts');$fontname='arial';do{	$font_size--; 	$bbox=imagettfbbox($font_size,0,$fontname,$button_text);	$right_text=$bbox[2];	$left_text=$bbox[0];	$width_text=$right_text - $left_text;	$height_text=abs($bbox[7]-$bbox[1]);}while($font_size>8 && ($height_text>$height_image_wo_margins||$widht_text>$width_image_wo_margins));if($height_text>$height_image_wo_margins||$widht_text>$width_image_wo_margins){	echo 'Text given will not fit on button.<br>';}else{	$text_x=$width_image/2.0-$width_text/2.0;	$text_y=$height_image/2.0-$height_text/2.0;  	if($left_text<0)		$text_x+=abs($left_text);	$above_line_text=abs($bbox[7]);$text_y +=$above_line_text;$text_y -=2;$white=imagecolorallocate($im,255,255,255);imagettftext($im,$font_size,0,$text_x,$text_y,$white,$fontname,$button_text);//header('Content-type:image/png');header("content-type:image/png.jpeg."); imagepng($im);}imagedestroy($im);?>	

Edited by 36pixels

Warning: imagecreatefrompng(red-button.png) [function.imagecreatefrompng]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory.
that means the file does not exist which you are tryig to open
header("content-type:image/png.jpeg.");
that is not correct header, you can use image/png or image/jpeg
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in I:\xampp\htdocs\test\button\make_button.php on line 21
that is parse error or syntax error.here you can find how to handle different type of errorhttp://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=44473

Hi birbal,Thanks for reply but that is not where i am getting error from.In fact I already tried this out-

header("content-type:image/png");

But still I am getting the error and specifically the line is -

putenv('GDFONTPATH=c:\windows\fonts');

Edited by 36pixels

you did not specify which line is 21,41 or 45. you asked about errors and answer is the above.general question have general answers. you have to give us enough information so that we can help you more precisely.

But still I am getting the error and specifically the line is -putenv('GDFONTPATH=c:\windows\fonts');
what error is it showing? it is not giving any parse error by the way. Edited by birbal

Yes I am getting parse error!!I already mentioned the error right in the begining of this post,still i repeat itParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in I:\xampp\htdocs\..\..\button\make_button.php on line 21Also line 21 is this code above -

putenv('GDFONTPATH=c:\windows\fonts');

Edited by 36pixels

i ran your code, it is not giving any parse error.

i just pasted your code and have not changed anything. it is not giving any parse error though it is throwing some runtime error like notices and warning but not the parse error.

yes it is also visible. make sure you are running the correct file and clear your caches.