Sign in to follow this  
thurft

Jquery,AJAX & PHP, form submition not working

hey guys Basically i am trying to create a validation for the form. I want it to check if it can connect to the DB and if true to proceed to another page and if false to return an error. I am inputting the wrong details to make it just display the error but somehow it always returns "TRUE" on page load... and everytime i click the submit it doesnt do anything regardless of my entry... Can anyone tell me why?

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js"></script>	<script>  $(document).ready(function(){var u = $('#username');var s = $('#server');var p = $('#password'); $('#iValForm').submit($.post("connect.php", {u: u.val(),p: p.val(),s: s.val()}, function(fd){  if (fd == "true"){  alert("Is: " + fd);  return false;	  } // if1  if (fd == "false"){  alert("Is2: " + fd);  return false;	  } // if2} //post function) //Post) //submit  }) //document  </script></head>  <body> <form class="iValForm" id="iValForm" method="post" action=""><fieldset><legend id="error"> </legend><p><label for="username">Username </label><input id="username" name="username" class="required" /> </input></p><p><label for="password">Password</label>	<input id="password" name="password" class="required"/> </input></p><p><label for="server">Server</label>	<input id="server" name="server" class="required"/> </input></p><p>	 <input class="submit" id ='submit' type="submit" value="Submit"/></p></fieldset></form>

connect.php

<?php$user = $_POST['u'];$password = $_POST['p'];$server = $_POST['s'];@$con = mysql_connect ($server, $user, $password); if (!$con) {$response = 'false';echo $response;} else {  $response = 'true';  echo $response;}?>

Edited by thurft