Soap

jnymris

Morning/Afternoon/Evening all I've been using SOAP for around 3 months without any issues. Recently it has came to light that these SOAP requests (Currently have one request which is being called on two separate pages). To try and debug this i have try the same website on my machine (Copying the source files and config)(using phpinfo) SOAP if enabled on both my machine and the server along with all the SOAP configs being the same. It runs successfully on my machine yet fails to run on the server. To investigate this further i then created a 'internal soap' which again works successfully on my machine and fails on the server. the Server is currently in a DMZ which hasn't changed as far as I'm aware but to rule any changes out i disabled my Network card to ensure the soap on my machine still runs to find it does not? What would be the reason for this? and if it is possible, how can I remove this dependency? i can see reference to http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/... and http://www.w3.org/2001, would it be possible to download these files? (I'm assuming this isn't like HTML where it's a Document Type?) If this has been working so far and the DMZ has changed what may have caused this? What would be the best way to ensure everything is working. I've just replaced the .php files and again it is working on my machine and not on the server. Any Suggestions?

As far as debugging the PHP code goes, the first step would be to make sure that you're capturing all errors. You can set PHP to use an error log either inside php.ini or in your PHP code, if you change those settings in the PHP code then you'll need to add the code to all of your scripts or to a common include file. This is how you change the settings in your script: error_reporting(E_ALL);ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'error.log');ini_set('html_errors', 0);ini_set('log_errors', 1);ini_set('display_errors', 0); That will have PHP save all errors in a file called error.log in the same directory as the script with that code in it. I would start there and see what PHP is telling you first. If it's a network issue then you can test that by pinging your server, if you can reach the server it's probably not a network issue.