divinedesigns1

hello, i am wonder how to create a timestamp, so when you insert something into the database it have a timestamp on it automatically, i try using this function UNIX_TIMESTAMP() but when i create a insert something into the db from a form it just give the column where the timestamp is located a value of 0 how do i make it have the timestamp?

Edited by DDs1

Thanks for the reply, but i just made a mistake which i notice, i put the UNIX_TIMESTAMP() function in quotes, within the query so because of that it didnt work the first timeso my query was looking like this at first "INSERT INTO cakes VALUES('', '" . $_SESSION['uid'] . "', 'UNIX_TIMESTAMP()', '$al_name', '$al_desc')" so by remove the single quotes it is now looking like this "INSERT INTO cakes VALUES('', '" . $_SESSION['uid'] . "', UNIX_TIMESTAMP(), '$al_name', '$al_desc')" which end up working now :) thanks for the replies tho

create a column in database with the field type "timestamp" it have a timestamp on it automatically when a new row inserted or updated an exited one
new knowledge thanks

I prefer to have a column of type INT and store the Unix timestamp for manipulation with PHP.
yes thats what i did, i have a table with a type of int(11) and then i use the unix timestamp, but i made a mistake and put it in quotes